Will anything happen between us?

beachlover96

I am pretty sure that my guy friend that goes to the same college as me might like me. When I talk to him, I get nervous and don't make the first move to tell him how I feel because I am very shy. We have been been friends for a year. We always have great conversations and we get along great. Do you think that he just looking at me thinking, "why doesn't she make the first move and tell me how she feels about me so we can become a couple?" I don't want him to think I'm desperate so I try not to make the first move to tell him how I feel. Do you think he is attracted to me and just waiting or hoping for an opportunity to for me to make the first move to tell him how I feel so we can become a couple? For all I know he could be thinking, "why should I bother? If she was interested in me she would make the first move and tell him how I feel?" Or is he just plain uninterested? Does he like me more than a friend or am I imagining it?

What signs do you see that you are thinking he is looking at you differently ? For me I don't have female friends, I don't think guys and girls can just be friends, one of them always wants something more then a friend. That's just me, I am old school. You need to drop some hints and also get some indirect info from him since you don't want to show that you are interested. That way you will have some kind of idea how he feels. Without any info and just being friends for a year it's hard to tell how he feels.

What signs do you see that you are thinking he is looking at you differently ? For me I don't have female friends, I don't think guys and girls can just be friends, one of them always wants something more then a friend. That's just me, I am old school. You need to drop some hints and also get some indirect info from him since you don't want to show that you are interested. That way you will have some kind of idea how he feels. Without any info and just being friends for a year it's hard to tell how he feels.

He has been flirting with me a lot and gets jealous when other guys asks me out on a date and flirts with me. You can tell that he is interested in me.

I may be wrong, but with my life experiences and observations, guys like to make the first move, but they do like signals from a woman that she will say yes if he asks. Try complimenting what he's wearing or say something nice about his eyes or hair, i.e., I really like your shirt. Or: You have the coolest color eyes. Try to touch his arm once when making a point or saying something funny. If you've never gone to a movie with him, ask him if he's seen such and such and if he hasn't, tell him it's one you really want to see. Same with a restaurant. Ask him what kinds of foods he likes to eat. Tell him about a new restaurant you've been wanting to try.

If all of those hints or signals don't work, either he's clueless or not interested. At that point, I'd say you might want to ask him to do something low-key and see what his response is. It's best to take a risk than not. You'll kick yourself if a boisterous, confident girl beats you to the punch. You two won't be friends forever. When one of you gets a significant other, usually opposite sex friends can fall to the wayside.

If he's interested, don't talk about feelings and becoming a couple. The fact that you want to date each other speaks for itself. Take it day by day and see if you both want to eventually be exclusive, but that takes time to figure out. There is a big difference between being friends and being romantic. It might work out and it might not. Don't go overboard and go too fast. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

is he just plain uninterested? Does he like me more than a friend or am I imagining it?

OP, you have several threads on this guy all asking the same question. To quote some of your recent threads:

"He told me a month ago that he just wants to be friends and doesn't want a relationship.

There's your answer. NOTHING has changed. He has made it very clear, been up front and honest. After a year of friendship with you, he has finally told you he is NOT interested in you in that way and does not want a relationship with you. You need to listen and accept that this guy does NOT want you as a girlfriend. He cannot make it any clearer. You keep trying to find small signs that he has changed his mind but he hasn't. It's all in your imagination and wishful thinking. When a guy tells you, after a year of friendship that he is not interested in a relationship with you, believe him.

So, to answer your question: "Will anything happen between us?". ... NO.

Archived