When is it safe to reactivate social media/ get back in contact?

Lucha

I was thinking since i removed the facebook app from my phone, kind of like deactivating it except i didnt.. But didnt go online in ten days now and boy it did bring peace of mind. I was wondering though when people give the advice to 'deactivate social media' in what time frame is it safe to reactivate/ get back online?

Right now im not planning on doing so, since i still have the girl on there that caused my most recent heartbreak and i honestly dont want to see anything she's doing - but i realise when i get back on there in a few weeks/months from now maybe im going to see A lot more that i dont want to see. Im planning on removing her from my social media but cant do that unless i visit her page ofcourse so it will take self discipline not to check what happened to her..

On the same subject, its her birthday soon. Im guessing do not wish her happy birthday? The short story is we dated very shortly until she did a fade away and ran directly into the arms of the womans she knows i can't stand (this other woman pursued my ex when we were together).

When is it safe to reactivate social media/ get back in contact?

When you no longer have to ask this question, because you just don't care. That said, you could also just block her altogether and be done with it. If that's the case the day you wake up and think, "This is BS, I'm just blocking her and movin' on" is the day you can get back.

Not before then. Social media is the devil when it comes to healing from breakups and the games people play.

And do not send a birthday wish unless you are totally willing to hear everything from silence so complete there is only the sound of the wind, to her sending something snotty back, to a "gee, thanks. (insert insult here) and more. It's not like you two are together, you do not owe it, it's not the thing to do at all if you're trying to get over them. It just screams, "Looking for excuse to contact you and no, I haven't moved on yet, here's hoping you haven't either."

Stay NC, stay the course, this is those last dregs of "maybe if I.…" ignore them.

Archived