Update: Cancer

I tried to find the first post, but I forgot what I titled it

A little while ago, I posted I was troubled because my best friends mom has breast cancer, and either he didn't know, or wasn't talking.

Just now, on MSN he told me. I really want to say something without sounding corny, and I don't want to even mention how serious it is, it's really aukward!!

What should I say, how should I take this. I really want to be there for him, I feel SICK to my stomach!!! Now I'm stressing about this, I think I'm going to throw up. News like this is just like getting kicked between the legs. It seems like so many people I know have these run-ins with cancer!!?!!

What would be a good thing to say to cheer him up, or show my feelings without being...corny or sounding forced. I'm not great at communicating the sympathy emotion with other guys (actually i'm just terrible! ), maybe some of the girls can gimme a hand?

.....ug i'm sooo sick of all this crap going on everywhere I turn! nothing positive has happened to me for a good 3 months

Well after experiencing cancer myself the best thing you can do is be there for him. All you can do is tell him that if they need anything that you will be there for him and his mom.

Read up on the illness if you have no clue on how it is and the treatment that is involved educate yourself on it . So you will have a better understanding on how to combat it and be abletalk to your friend.