Dating Dilemma - two guys..

Wafils

Hi! Two years post breakup, I am ready to DATE. Recently I met a man whom I really felt a "click" with, which rarely happens so it's very exciting and all that jazz. He's pretty serious, maybe introverted (?) But frequently smiles at me, makes eye contact, etc. We are colleagues but recently wrapped up a project and it's unlikely that our paths will cross again.

I'm very shy, but I took a risk (for me) and followed up with him after the project to compliment his work. He responded very positively, and in turn I wrote back a thanks but that was it..he didn't write again. The following day I did happen across him (which was random and crazy) and we exchanged smiles and joking pleasantries but we're on our respective ways so didn't stop to talk.

So, there it ended I thought. Bummer! But now another colleague, whom is sort of friendly with above guy, has messaged me flirtatiously. Now normally I would be pretty into this second guy but I REALLY liked the first, and am just not sure how to respond. I'm not sure if guy one is just not into me, not single, or what, but I feel if he were interested he would have written back, right? He's not shy, but Def reserved. I feel kind of yucky and desperate to keep messaging him, since i did last (although that message was "closed", dumbly). And the question...should I tell guy two I'm not interested because I'm interested in guy one, or what? I don't want to lie and say I'm not dating or am seeing someone because I don't want that to get to guy one..what do you guys think? Especially guys' opinions welcome!

How old are the three of you?

Is it possible that guy 1 hasn't gotten your signal properly or maybe doesn't like girls?

Personally, I tend to give up on disinterest. That doesn't mean you have to be interested in guy 2 just because he has expressed interest.

The biggest thing though that I get out of your post is that you ought to cultivate romance away from the office. Too much intrigue and potential risk to your career if you get romantic with colleagues.

Archived