This is an odd situation for me, but recently with situations changing i thought i would seek some opions. Anyway there is a girl i work with and she has always flirted with me but she is a bit of flirt anyway. so when valentines day crept around i got a gift which i immediately recognised was from her cause of the handwriting. I then asked her to be my partner for tmy senior formal and she went on and on about how she would love to go but she didn't know why i would to take her out of the rest of my friends. Now where my query comes in is about 3 months ago i expressed my feelings for her and asked if she would ever feel the same way and her response was everything is a possibility, so is she just messing with my mind or feels she isnt good enough to be with me or just confused with herself? Any comments would be appreciated thanks!!!

I'm a bit of a flirt myself, and to me it sounded like she was fishing for you to compliment her. I mean, asking why you'd pick her out of all your friends is like saying 'tell me why you like me'. She's already shown she likes you by flirting with you and giving you a valentines gift. Flirty woman like affirmation of affection and attention. The fact that she went on and on may have meant that you didn't satisfy her with your responses. Be careful with this one. Even I know when to give up and just say yes or no. I'm not saying she's not a great girl, it's just that she may need a lot of attention.

Good luck!

Betty!

Another possibility is that she is saying she just wants to be friends but would go with you on that basis.

When you don't know what someone means the best response is to ask them to clarify. Tell her that you asked her to go to the formal with you as a proper date becuase you are interested in her in that way and that is why you are not asking your other friends. See what her response is then. If she still dithers about then give up. Who needs someone who can't give you a straight answer to a straight question?