Kissing ... kinda awkward

Today after giving my gf her vday present at school she suddenly kissed me on the cheek and I was taken off guard. Then when she came over tonight I gave her another kiss back on the cheek and we exchanged some more gifts. We both were laughing @ each other because of how awkward is was because she's never kissed anyone and neither have I. Is there any other way to help make it more comfortable and less awkward? I figured I'd try again this weekend at the movies and I wanted to help make it more memorable for the both of us. PLEASE HELP!!!

- Josh0751

Ah you are on the right strategy there taking it slow and going for the less awkward cheek kiss. There are many that just dive right into the Full French kiss. Very commendable there, keep it up.

So other things you might try is just taking it slow and well practice makes perfect. But be sure not to over do it and posibaly bother your GF a bit. Just take it slow and listen to her and her body language. Most of all just clear your mind of your fears and awkward ness if you can. Going over it in your mind may help to.

Good luck take it slow and enJOY

JMT

First kiss will be awkward simply because it is the first and you are going to be nervous and unsure of yourself. The only real advice is to just kiss and try not to think about anything else. Be in the moment and enjoy it. Once you actually kiss you'll get over those nerves pretty quick.

She came over and after we got the gifts out of the way and before she left I kissed her again and it was cool but we started laughing at how awkward it still was but I enjoyed it even though it was nothing spectacular. That night we started talking over AOL and she kept saying how she liked it and how it was the GREATEST day ever and she was REALLY HAPPY! I'm not going to try and force the issue much but I wanted to know when I should attempt it again or whatever cause this Friday we're going out to the movies and I've already done the holding hands and holding her thing but if I should go for another kiss again near the end of the movie. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

- Josh0751