General Conversation and Eyes

Jetta

I have the same questions as well!

If you look at people other than their eyes, would they notice? (you can really annoy people if you keep staring at their forehead, but I guess it's different if it's their nose... I really don't know..)

During interview I usually look keen at their eyes to show that I'm really interested on the position. But it's really hard when there's only one interviewer, I feel uncomfortable staring at him the whole time

(maybe I shouldn't stare...) If there are more than one interviewers I have an easier time by switching focus on different person ... sometimes I can catch the other person getting bored and engage them into conversation.

Looking in their eyes when you talk is ok and especially important when you are in the professional setting. And a lot of times when you look people in the eyes when talking shows that you are interested in what the other person has to say which can be mistaken for being interested in the person. Don't just rely on eye contact to tell if a someone is interested because of the said reason above.

• 2 weeks later...