So My Ex Is Friends With Her Ex

Just heard through the grapevine that my ex & her ex (the guy she was seeing before me) are now friends again. Their relationship was only a month & it ended badly (just like ours did).

I recall her saying bad things about him & how he had no respect for women & whatnot, when we were together. Meanwhile, she hasn't tried to contact me in 2 years.

I'm over her & no longer hope for her to contact me because of how our relationship ended but it just brought out my curiosity as to why she would be friends with her ex again based on her description of how we was as person.

Any ideas?

True, Clinton. But it's not the case here, mate. They are just friends again & just communicating sporadically. More importantly, she is in a long-term relationship with another guy.

It just baffles me how you can be friends with your ex you once resented. I would have understood if their breakup was amicable & mutual but it was far from it.

Meanwhile, I'm still the Grinch taking away Christmas.

Just heard through the grapevine that my ex & her ex (the guy she was seeing before me) are now friends again. Their relationship was only a month & it ended badly (just like ours did).

You shoudl be happy she is your ex. Her current actions shoudl tell you a LOT about what kind of a person you were dealing with (read: not a good one or smart one).

I recall her saying bad things about him & how he had no respect for women & whatnot, when we were together. Meanwhile, she hasn't tried to contact me in 2 years.

Whenever plays a victim or talks of being victimized....HUGE RED FLAG. She had a choice to be with him. She decided to engage and be in a relationship with a person that had 0 respect for women and whatever else she dropped on you.

What does that tell you about HER?

Often, listening to people will tell you a WHOLE lot about them. I can understand playing victim as a CHILD, we have no control who we are around etc, as an adult though? That is some POOR POOR character and very ignorant/stupid for a girl (notice I didn't say woman) to be putting themselves around such person. Shame on her.

I'm over her & no longer hope for her to contact me because of how our relationship ended but it just brought out my curiosity as to why she would be friends with her ex again based on her description of how we was as person.

Any ideas?

I don't think you are, if you were completely over her, you wouldn't be looking into her on the internet, care or even make this post.

Get this person completely out of your mind, stop thinking or talking about her.

You dodged a bullet. You should be happy she is out of your life now!!!

Thanks for your replies.

DoF,

Thanks. She is a completely different person now I have to admit. But I am over her. I have no social media whatsoever. Just so happens we have a large number of mutual friends, one of whom happened to mention this to me in passing. I was just trying to understand the pyschology behind why she, or any person, would do this. But what bulletproof said gave me some clarity.

It's just a shame we couldn't clear the air ourselves, not that I would want to be friends with her. Other than that, I'm getting by just fine.

Thanks again all of you. Cheers.

Archived