I work six days a week nine hours a day, i come home relax sleep and continue on. I just lost my girl of two years and am in debt seven grand, my dads really sick and my mother takes care of him so neither of my parents work, it's me who pays the rent, i just turned twenty by the way. My ex called me a couple weeks after we broke to tell about our child she aborted, (without telling me of course) and is annoying the hell outta me.

I think of all this day in and day out, but i still have aspirations, i want to achieve things and i'm in the midst of it but i sometimes feel unsure, or self doubt, like i wanna do something but i'll think "naw i won't work out or what if i screw up" and it ends up happening, i screw up, so what causes this self doubt, why are people and myself so unsure of things? Is it my situation or lack of something or is it depression?

Please don't use uppercase to post.

Bad things always seem to come in threes. I think you are just going through a tough patch but life moves in cycles and yours will turn around again soon. Just keep telling yourself that everything is manageable, address one issue at a time in order of importance and know that things will turn around for you at some point not too far away.

It sounds like you have a LOT on your plate! It is easy to get overwhelmed in that case, and let things get out of hand. I have been there too with everything happening at once, and I know how overloaded I felt (and still do sometimes!).

As richgabe said, you need to keep a positive frame of mind, and tackle each thing one by one (or something like that). That way as you take care of something you feel a sense of accomplishment, rather than feeling like you are drowning and cannot get anything done.

As of now, as of your description, I would not say you are suffering depression. DO be aware that if you start losing any ambition, ability to function day to day, start sheltering yourself all the time, your sleep patterns change, etc it may be symptoms of it.

Some people are affected more by the tough things in life, others aren't. It has to do with genetics/chemical balances, experiences, maturity and coping/stress skills. It sounds like you have the tools hough and you still have aspirations and a desire to achieve....you'll be able to get through it!

Sometimes it helps to just vent too, to friends, or here, or in a journal. Aand make sure when you are busy like this, or stressed to make sure you have time for YOU...go to the gym, or go for a run/bike (physical activity is a great stress reliever). Just set aside time for YOU...it helps a LOT!

Right now you have a lot of things that you are dealing with and I think it is totally honerable of you to be taking care of your family. Amoungst other things, it always looks dark until situations change. I think the girlfriend was wrong to get an abortion without telling you, and I think your goals are very much obtainable just at the moment you are under a lot of stress and having a difficult time seeing past it.

It could be depression but I would suggest finding a counselor to talk to about some of the self doubt. I am that same way about a lot and had to learn if you feel like a failure you are, and if you think you can't do it you won't. My favorite saying is: Work like you don't need the money, Live like your not afraid, and love like you have never been hurt. Good luck.

thanks to all of you for advice at this stage in my life i'm open to any words of wisdom and am willing to put them to the test, i agree with all of you. CLEVERME, your right about keeping it positive, i should concentrate on keeping negative thoughts outta my head and have a mind set of determination and persistance.

RAYKAY, your very right about the gym, i go frequently, it helps very much and getting out, seeing friends or even talking about here makes me feel alot better, i was part of this site two years ago and asking as well as giving advice when i had problems with my now ex girlfriend, i appreciate this forum believe me.

And RICHGABE, your right about taking things one step at a time, it's probably the best way to deal with things, otherwise my mind gets overloaded and things will fail.......thanks again, all of you...

• 1 month later...

i know how u feel, i work 5 days out of 7 and its really tiering, its makes it worse when things are going on in ur personal life coz ur constantly thinknig about it wherever u r, so i now how u feel, u r not alone. I believe that things always get worse before they get better. I think ur ex is really out of order for aborting ur baby, but please just keep ur chin up and things will get better, i hope everything works out for you, take care.