i want to stay in bed all day

i've been feeling very sad lately. not the usual depression that i feel either. it's deeper, very honest. with depression i tend to go back and forth and question myself about it. and there's a lot of dialogue in my head when it comes to being depressed. but this, this is just there, this is complete and very deep sorrow. an aching unhappiness that refuses to lift out of me. i'm awfully lonely. i've got no one to talk to. i swear, if i didn't live at home with my parents still, i would surely go mad with sorrow and loneliness. counselling doesn't seem to help. i wonder if it could be as practical as not getting enough exercise or something as big and esoteric as needing to leave for india for a month to "go find myself". i just don't know anymore. i want to stay in bed all day and never leave the house. but of course i do because of school and work and such. i want to find someone to share my life with. everywhere i look i see couples everywhere, and everyone i know is hooked up in a relationship. and everyone i know gets along with each other and has friends with whom they can talk all the time. i don't have that at all. i've thought about expressing this sadness artistically. but it seems to get in my way rather than feed me. if God is testing me and trying to make me strong, why doesn't he send me friends and a good man to share my life with? surely that would make me strong, wouldn't it? everyday i feel weak and exhausted. i'm really so sad. and i feel powerless to do anything about it. i'm just so sad.

i've been feeling very sad lately

--awww......

. not the usual depression that i feel either. it's deeper, very honest. with depression i tend to go back and forth and question myself about it. and there's a lot of dialogue in my head when it comes to being depressed. but this, this is just there, this is complete and very deep sorrow.

----when you stop thinking and just feel sad that is a very very serious problem. You really need to find someone you trust so you can talk about how you have been feeling recently. Do it right now!!!!!

an aching unhappiness that refuses to lift out of me. i'm awfully lonely. i've got no one to talk to.

----why do you have no one to talk to? At least you have your parents

i swear, if i didn't live at home with my parents still, i would surely go mad with sorrow and loneliness. counselling doesn't seem to help.

--Have you tried counselling and it has failed? Or are you assuming that counselling won't work even though you haven't tried it

i wonder if it could be as practical as not getting enough exercise or something as big and esoteric as needing to leave for india for a month to "go find myself".

---You don't need to go to India to find yourself. YOu could go to a park, a school, a place of worship, a library to find yourself

i just don't know anymore. i want to stay in bed all day and never leave the house.

-Try joining some clubs or political organizations that you believe in. Get involved. Make a difference!!!

but of course i do because of school and work and such. i want to find someone to share my life with.

---DOn't worry!! IF you look hard, you will find someone special just for you

everywhere i look i see couples everywhere, and everyone i know is hooked up in a relationship.

---I feel the same way and emphathize with you. I have never dated or had a girlfriend before

and everyone i know gets along with each other and has friends with whom they can talk all the time. i don't have that at all. i've thought about expressing this sadness artistically. but it seems to get in my way rather than feed me. if God is testing me and trying to make me strong, why doesn't he send me friends and a good man to share my life with?

--Don't assume suffering comes from God. Bad things happen...but you make the most of them. Don't worry. I didn't have many friends in high school but now I have too many!! And you will find unconditional love one day

surely that would make me strong, wouldn't it? everyday i feel weak and exhausted. i'm really so sad. and i feel powerless to do anything about it. i'm just so sad.

---YOu really need to find someone you can talk to. If you parents are all you have....then talk to them about how you feel. There might also be others you can talk to.

Good luck and take care!!!!

Today I can trully tell you YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I seem to be struggling with EXACTLY what you have!

*sigh* Your post seem to describe me exactly. I also used to be able to do through the depression, and "think" my way out. It still took a few days, but I could do it.

Nowadays it's like a deep dark, empty lonely pit. My thoughts seem to spiral, and not go anywhere. I lost my will again.

I was on an anti depressants for awhile (8 months) 2 x years ago, and I keep thinking I have to get it again, because this is not going away, and I'm affraid I can't handle it. It's going to ruin my life.

have you tried a mild anti-depressant? Remember Depression is an ILNESS it's not just in your head! Usually it has to do with a chemical imbalance in your head, and medication will definitely help.

I also know it is the hardest thing to meet new people and find love, feeling the way you do. It is even difficult sustaining current relationships!

I wish I had a magic wand, I would swipe it over the two of us, and we could feel all better. I listen to the new song from Natasha Beddingfield, she sings about feeling the rain on your face, that nobody can feel it for you, only you can do it for yourself.

The only thing I can tell you my friend, is we have to take action. It's not going to go away by itself. Recently I have TRIED to start going to the gym, exercise is a wonderfull tool in making you feel better, and get more energy. Thing is, I can't find the energy to go, since Ive been feeling so tired!! It is an effort, but nobody can do it for me. And I KNOW i'm going to feel better if I can get myself to go....

Let's do it! Get up, do some exercise, see the doctor, feel the rain on our faces.....

-H-,

I want you to know that at least one of your friends cares a whole lot about you. You have a friend that wants to reach out to you.... You'll have to trust me on this one... I know you might think things between you two are irreparable, but they are not...... You two just need to get on the same page, that's all.....

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk...

The Lord is very fond of you!!!

Don't look for friends, you already have someone in your life that loves you unconditionally, is always by your side, and will listen and tend to all your pain. The Lord is the only friend you need!!!

Carry The Holy Spirit everywhere you go and people will really be attracted to you and your joyful heart!!!

Be Joyful-you have been chosen, are perfectly loved, and are never alone!

Be Still, Open up, and listen to your heart, for that is the voice of your savior!

please stop with God loves you stuff. i really can't bear it. i'm at that point in my life where i don't know what to believe in anymore. i don't know who to turn to or why things are the way they are. no one at school likes me, i know it for certain. the other night our show closed and there was some time between then and the closing-night party. i had asked everyone what they were doing, and seeing if anyone would like to come to dinner with me. either no one knew what they were doing, or people had plans. so there i am with three hours on my hands before the party starts, nowhere to go, no on to hang out with. i ended up going to dinner by myself. that i don't mind so much. what really bothers me is that everyone else who "didn't know what they were doing" ended up going to dinner together. and there were at least ten people who went, and no one let me know or invited me. and for pete's sake i just want to belong somewhere, and this isn't one incident either. this stuff happens all the time. and i'm sick of it. when i do reach out to people stuff like this happens or no one listens to me. i'm so lost and afraid and i just want to belong.

okay, so I tell you someone loves you and you can't bear it? You don't know what to believe, and then you wonder why nobody wants to be around you? I really don't mean to sound harsh but you are so negative, could that be why people seem to not like you? I know that I cannot stand to be around negative people, especially ones that are so resistant to any form of Love. It's really exhausting! All I am saying is if you were to open up and realize that the most important presense in this world Loves you wholeheartedly and rejoice in that, maybe people would want to share your joy. Nobody wants to be around a negative person!

look, it's not that i'm negative. i'm being realistic. i've done the work to try and make things better for myself, i've prayed and prayed and prayed for things to get better, i reach out to people, and nothing has changed. i'm being realistic. i'm noticing a papttern that i cannot break out of. and believe me, if you were in my situation, you'd probably be a little storm cloud yourself.

Well, I agree with you Hollywood, God may not love you these days, and even if it loves you that would not make a difference in your life.

I sometimes feel the same way you do, every person has a plan to do, and I am just looking around to figure out what I can do with other people, but usually nobody invites me, but sometimes they do.

For this issue, the key is you should give up all your wishes, something like I can stand on my own even if nobody cares for me! I will go on even if there is no light at the end of the tunnel! This kind of thinking is hard I know, but I was in a worse condition than you were, no one to talk to, have fought all my friends, broken up with my ex, I just wanted to die..and there was only my mom who constantly listened my depression.

But things got better for me, and they will get better for you!! I know it seems impossibe, but trust me, things get better!

About the question of why God wants to make you stronger in this way? May be it might be better to think about yourself rather than the God, think why should you set yourself a depression in this age at your life? What would you like to make yourself learn?

Whatever happens, don't give up, life is a much easier thing when you comeover a depression You will see

I'm sorry to have said that... it was pretty insensitive. I just hope that you understand that things will get better, however low you are feeling, there will be an equal and opposite "high." Just try not to be so cought up in your sadness to recognize and enjoy it when it arrives. And just think, having been through such a terrible depression will allow you to thoroughly appreciate your day in the sun. It will come and you will shine!

• 2 years later...

Hollywood, I'm in a dark place as you are now. What has worked for me is to set one small goal for yourself...a book from the library that you want to read, maybe a plant to buy and nurture, anything, as long as it is a small step.

Accomplish that, and you can take solice that you've moved one step forward.

Perhaps in a few days, try another goal. Small goals, but signs that things are moving along in a positive direction. Call them mileposts, corners, whatever, the idea is that your life isn't stagnant, everything goes on! keep your hopes high, your goals small and accessable, and you will(hopefully) see that you can move on. This is what I'm doing, and it's almost better than therapy. It makes me feel alive, not wilting. I hope this helps, and if not, keep us posted,...we will find a way through this this.