I am recently seperated a have met someone what should I do?

amos350

I have been separated from my husband for about one month now. I went out on one date with a wonderful guy. There's one problem he doesn't konw I am married and I haven't told him. I thought he knoew because we worked together. I assumed that someone metoined to him that I was separated and that's why he asked me out. When we went out he said that he wanted to ask me out a while ago but thought I had a boyfriend. I wanted to tell him then and there but just couldn't do it. Now I feel so guilty. I want to ask what I should do, how I should tell him and possably what reaction I should expect. please help

I think you should tell him, but wait for the appropriate time to tell. May be you could wait for the next time he asks you out, and then tell him about the situation. In these kind of situations, telling the truth is always better than keeping a secret. Moreover, I think you should figure out whether you are ready for a new relationship? One month is a very short time to begin a new relationship!

Thank you for your advice. I know it does seem a little early for me to start dating butt he truth is I really never felt like I was marrie. My husband and I were both unhappy and should never have gotten married so young.

I wouldn't use anybody because I've been used and know how it feels. That's why I fell so guilty for not telling him in the first place. I will tell him becuase it's his right to know and make what ever decition about this relationship for himself. I can't lead him on I would hate myself if I messed this up because of hiding this

Tell him asap. Just explain that you are definitely separated and are probably going to file for divorce.

But the sooner the better. I know what you mean about getting married too young, I did that too. No point wasting years with someone you don't love.

Good luck.