I recently went through a nasty breakup and my chest won't stop racing or hurting. I haven't slept in three days, and I've hardly had anything to eat. Every time I start feeling better, she pops up in my mind and immediately feel like crap. I don't know how to combat this...and on top of that my grandparents died in car crash almost the same time we broke up. I'm lost...

Hi John. Your feeling this because it was probably unexpected. To be honest I used to feel like this when I was new to dating and would get in a fight with a bf and we'd break up. if it was over one fight you will probably get back together. If it's a long time coming maybe this is a lesson to learn to read the signs alone the way. It takes a lot of dating to understand that you know what relationships don't always work out and that's because that person has just as big of a need for love and happiness as you do and we go about good and bad ways of achieving that. Keep yourself busy and sorround yourself with friends and family that love you. Everyone goes through heartbreak but you know what everyone also heals with time. You can also let some days pass by let your emotions settle and contact her letting her know how you feel but don't be desperate it will turn her off. that's the best advice I can give you hold on and trust me one day at a time and the pain will start to feel less and less. Good luck

If its truly over let it be. She will eventually find someone herself if she hasn't already. I am going through the same. We actually really talked tonight and I see him differently now. I tried to stay busy and many friends came by. So I was good. In my case we were doomed not to make since day one. Main thing stay busy best advice.

Archived