Please look at my plan to get the girl

Long story short, I've had a crush on this girl for like 4-5 years. Now, you've got to realize, she is the most beautiful girl in real life that I have ever seen. I mean, she's perfect, I've never seen anything bad about her.

Yet, she has a boyfriend and has had the same boyfriend since I first met her. She knows that I really like her though, at least I'm pretty sure she does.

Anyway, what I'm about to say sounds sad and pathetic, but it's my "brilliant plan"

I'll go off to college, get a really good job, and make lots of money. This will take about 10-14 years to pull off...

Now, once I've done all this, I'll hope for one of the following.

One, her relationship with her boyfriend (who she'll probably end up getting married to) has fizzeled and they broke up.

Or, she'll currently be taken. Either way, I'll somehow see to it that she finds out about my success. Hopefully she'll be so blown away by how rich and powerful I've become that she'll forget her current lover and fall for me.

So, what do you guys think? I know it's got to be lame for me to think of this. You know, I don't even care if it's lame, just tell me if you think it might work...

10-14 years time is a very long time and dot take this the wrong way but she will probably have settled down with someone in 10-14 years, may be with the boyfriend she has now or it could be someone else, because you can have about 5 or 6 long term relationships in 10-14 years! i say go and tell her now before its too late, specially if you say you like her so much, and chances are in 10-14 years time you will have moved on aswell!

She might be married already and your love for her might have faded away or you may find someone new. Getting rich and being successful might sound good, but some girls are not in it for money. I agree with David83. You should go and tell her now before it's too late. Life is a one way street and we cannot go back to change the past.