Do women know ?

Dougie_D

I would love to if I could get a job. I might be getting fired soon. I'm on my 3rd probation and they increased my quota.

Perhaps you should focus solely on your career then and forget dating for a minute. Why are you on you're third probation?

Honestly, it's time to grow up. Living check to check and messing up your job is not okay at any age, but at 34 it's pretty poor form.

I think that your problems extend so far beyond dating. You're still repeating the same tired stories: everyone has it easier because they're good-looking, you couldn't possibly bring yourself to volunteer at anything, you love bars because that's where you're comfortable, and so on, and so on. At what point will you finally get tired of doing/thinking/acting the same way and expecting things to change?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps you should focus solely on your career then and forget dating for a minute. Why are you on you're third probation?

Honestly, it's time to grow up. Living check to check and messing up your job is not okay at any age, but at 34 it's pretty poor form.

I think that your problems extend so far beyond dating. You're still repeating the same tired stories: everyone has it easier because they're good-looking, you couldn't possibly bring yourself to volunteer at anything, you love bars because that's where you're comfortable, and so on, and so on. At what point will you finally get tired of doing/thinking/acting the same way and expecting things to change?

I would have never applied for the job if I knew there was some sort of quota involved. Everyday I'm stressed out. So some days I care and some I don't. It extremely bothers me. It wasn't until they implemented the quota was when I was getting a probation. I'm a hard worker but not a "fast" worker, and that's what hurts me. Plus, I'm not naturally competitive. Everyone is scrambling to get the same numbers. I had a manager meeting awhile back and asked about other depts, but he kept on saying "you won't like it"... Sometimes I feel like they are purposely trying to push me out but not wanting to fire me.

Oh, and now the quota was raised even more this past week! And I work hourly. There is an incentive program where if you get a bunch of numbers, they give you a "bonus". I've gotten the "bonus" before but now they raised the underperformance number.

I would focus your energy not on "it really bothers me" but in putting 110% into doing your job while also making sure your resume is letter perfect and ready to go and looking for another job. I don't think the requirements of your job are unusual in the least but it might not be the right job for you.

Archived