Is it too late, or was it never there?

CallMeUnique

Let me give some background info: I've known this girl for 2-3 years, and asked her out once, very early into meeting her. But that was several years ago, and we've both changed a lot. I left my shroud of clinical depression, began dieting and exercising, (keeping that up for almost a year know), making straight A's, playing basketball, and I have become a lot more confident. She hasn't changed that much, but she has gained weight hich I don't really care about, but has caused her to fall out of attention from nearly all guys, except for those who you would consider bottom of the barrel (1 obesed guy who constantly disrupts class, and 1 who downs several energy drinks a day, watches hentai in class, and hits on whatever he can find. Telling you this so you guys can really tell what I mean)

I had pretty much given up on her the entire time, but about a month or two ago something changed. She began talking to me a lot more, chatting whenever she saw me, texting me occasionally asking how it was going, we began playing around, and our levels of touch and talk went way up overall. We spent close to 3 hours a day together in social contact. I had finally mustered up the confidence to ask her out, but suddenly she changed (This was yesterday, and it happened seemingly overnight), and she just stopped. She would leave her classes without saying a word, as opposed to our micro conversations, the texts stopped (although this was because she broke her phone so I can't really count it), and when I did something to her that normally lead to her voice heightening, and a lot of giggling, she actually shifted her seat from next to me and made a spectacle of it. It should be fair to mention that she did let me fall asleep on her later that day, a break from her behavior. I wasn't worried about it, because I figured that she was having an off day, but the day after, when I approached a group of mutual friends that she was in, she didn't even acknowledge me, which left me really confused.

The year is ending, and I really want to either get with her, or get over her, instead of spending all summer confused and hurt. So, I guess what I am asking is whether I should ask her out, or have I waited too long and barred my last chance with her.

Archived