Need Help

i have been with my girlfriend for about 9 months now and she is my first girlfriend. she is an amazing girl and everytime i think of her i can't just help but smile.

Here comes the problem:

she has some depression and anxiety problems and is not currently taking any medication or anything for it but anyways i compliment her often and always tell her how much she means to me and how wonderful she is.

the thing is she rarely compliments me and im already pretty insecure about the way i look and so it makes me upset. it doesnt bother me very often but whenever it really bothers me i bring it up to her and she tells me she really does love me, and she has so much going on in her mind that she can't express her love to me the way i do.

I believe her whenever she tells me this and i know its silly to get so upset over this but I really do feel like i need that attention and love.

I don't know if she will ever change but I would like to know if you guys have any advice for me to deal with this or whatever.

-Thanks

hope this all makes sense if not ill try explaining it again

it sounds to me like she cares about you, i wouldn't worry about it so much. thats how some of my friends are with eachother. one will always give compiements and the other wont, once my friends husband said "you know i never tell you how nice your hair always looks but im thinking it, i should say it more often". some people are just like that. maybe she thinks it and doesn't really think to say anything.

We fall for those people who fulfill us emotionally but are also independent. Have you tried withdrawing the compliments a bit...if you compliment her all the time, she may not have a chance or feel a need to return the same...she "knows" she has you...do you see where I am getting at?

You are not being paranoid, everyone needs emotional fulfillment, and her saying I love you is not enough...we show feelings through action too, so if you are feeling like you are maybe not getting enough, you have a valid complaint.

Learn to give and take...push and pull...