could I possibly be pregnant?

bmars87

I've been religiously using an app on my phone to track my monthly "friend" for nearly two years. I've never not tracked the start and finish of it and for the most part its been pretty accurate. Some months it was a day or two off, but normally its accurate. I've never missed a period in my life and have only ever been late by a day or two max.

The last period I have tracked was Dec 31. It then shows based on my previous ones and all my informaion the next should have been january 23. I have it noted that it was suppose to start that day but its not marked that it actually happened. So then I was suppose to get it on February 14 and I still have not gotten it. So now I'm not sure if I just somehow forgot to mark that I actually got it in January or if I didn't get it.

Anyways, moving along. For the last couple of weeks I feel like I've experienced a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I've gained weight, am sensitive to smells, constantly feel a grumbly feeling in my stomach, have much more gas than normal, headaches, insomnia, hungrier than usual, extremely emotional and irritable and side/back aches.

I did experience cramping and a headache on February 13 and I thought I was getting my period but it didnt come. Today I decided to take a pregnancy test. It said it was negitive. I was very stressed at work today and noticed I had some spotting. I began having some cramping and thought for sure my period was coming. Nothing. Continued to spot throughout the day and by the time I came home, nothing.

Is it possible that even with a negitive test and some spotting that I could possibly be pregnant?

Yes, it is possible. A pregnancy test is usually done when the next period is due. If you're uncertain about the date of your next period, then you may not be doing it at the right time.

However, I'd go to the doctor and get checked out - the symptoms you describe could be a range of other things to do with your reproductive system. Best to know exactly what it is!

If it is reading negative a whole month after your last period due; I doubt you are pregnant since your body should be producing more than enough hcg for a positive test. Most likely something such as stress, change in diet, or change in sleep pattern made you skip your period altogether.

My gf skipped her period a month or two back as well.

Archived