I Dont know what to do

prettygirl9203

Okay it long story im not getting into it but here it is my ex has a restraining order on me but he contact me about a month ago so he violated it first I did respond back we been talk to each other and he borrowed money from me and I have a feeling he won't pay it back and I kept tell him to remove it i came up with idea for him to pay the money back but it will have be remove so if dont agree to it I may not get my money back andaviolated restraining order I Dont want get trouble so how can I get him trobule and not me for violated it I would never violated first he started talk to me

Believe me - it is not an automatic thing (violating a restraining order). First he would have to report to the police that you violated it. You have zero power here, in other words, if He breaks the order he will not get in trouble. Unless you had a restraining order against him as well.

Even if he DID call it in to the police, it is then up to the police dept whether or not they actually do anything or not.

I had a restraining order against my ex husband - very violent type. Came to find out that he decided to rent a room from my neighbor accross the street, and set up video equipment to "keep an eye on me". ugh!

Anyway - soon as I found out what he had done, I called the cops. They went & talked to him - and then left him there! Seems he convinced them that he had no idea I lived directly accross the street. They gave him a week to find another place to live, and did nothing else. So of course, I was the one that ended up moving. Ridiculous.

Bottom line: kiss your money good bye - but if you did not make the first move, you should not have troubles re the TRO.

I would rather not get the money back than go to jail. Really, you're probably not going to get the money back either way so you're better off leaving him be and keeping yourself out of legal trouble. Consider the money an investment in experience I guess.

You need to speak to a lawyer. Just like he spoke to a lawyer to get a restraining order against you, you need to speak with one now.

Like all the other posters have said, he hasn't violated the restraining order by contacting you but you could get into huge trouble for contacting him.

A lawyer could help you get your money back and see if you can get the restraining order lifted.

Stop taking this into your own hands, and have the sense to respect the law and not think that your own moral rules and exceptions count for anything - they don't.

Archived