hate relying on my boyfriend and fed up

emily1804

So im just having one of them days and need to vent. Feel free to synpathise or offer advice or just tell me to get over it.

When i met my bf i was finally at my happy single place. The only thing that got me down was how my friends had all coupled off and i was getting lonlier and lonlier sat in on my own each week. Then feeling fantastic about myself and fiercly independent i met jonny. He was everything i needed, the extra piece in the jigsaw. He is still everything i could want but some days when im feeling down (like today) and all i want is for someone to cuddle me and make me laugh, and i know he is the only person i can do this with, i wish i wasnt so reliant on him!

My life has become so routined. Its all about working\saving juggling people, my bf, my friends my family. Granted i no longer feel the need to go out and get drunk every night but man i havent been pissed for 7 months now. Im 24 not 50! My friends who used to go out every week, plan spontaneous trips and holidays, are now organising meals out for the couples. As much as i still spend time with them i feel like im catching a few hours here and there and then ultimately returning home to my boyfriend. The one person my life now revolves around.

I know its called growing up and its natural right? But how contradictory that when i mention "settling down" people cry out "your so young, go out have fun". I dont want to settle down, but im bored of being stuck in the middle. I feel old.

My guy mate from work who i am not attracted to in the least suggested we go out get pissed or hop off somewhere. God i admit im tempted to! Its sounds like a breath of fresh air! But no cant do that, wouldnt want him or my bf to get the wrong idea.

So here i am in a right fed up mood, where the relentless episodes of friends just aint cutting it. I need and want someone to just make me laugh and remind me how great my life is. And here i am texting him cos he is the only one who can at such short notice. Anf i feel aannoyed cos i think he fancied a night to himself and i never wanted to be clingy or whatnot. But here i am. He is my life. Hp me get my life back!

This has nothing to do with your boyfriend and everything to do with you. You lack purpose in your life therefore you are bored of the routine.

Something is missing in your life that's causing you to feel this way. Our bodies and mind are the greatest tool we have to tell us what is going on with our lives.

Life is adventure therefore you should not be bored with it. What are your goals? What are you working towards? What are your dreams? If you aren't working towards something then your floating what happens when you float you get comfortable you get bored.

Someone hugging to and providing a distraction from your life will only temporarily band aid the issue. When your alone again the feelings will come back.

What do you want to improve in your life? Happiness comes with progress if we're not progressing and improving ourselves then we are not living to our full potential.

In a weird way you already know what you want. Your body is just waiting for you to get there.

For you to be happy you need to find what you love that goes for work and your relationships. If you haven't found it yet then keep looking.

Find hobbies, find people who interest you and enrich you and your dreams. You want to get to a stage in which you wake up not relying on anyone because your too busy working on you and living life on your terms.

Granted i no longer feel the need to go out and get drunk every night but man i havent been pissed for 7 months now. Im 24 not 50!

mhowe if I see you reach for the bottle again I am putting you in a home

emily only you can change it all ...

He is still everything i could want but some days when im feeling down (like today) and all i want is for someone to cuddle me and make me laugh, and i know he is the only person i can do this with, i wish i wasnt so reliant on him!

I think it is only natural that when you feel like a cuddle it is him you do it with ..that isn't been reliant ..that's natural and how anyone with a boyfriend would feel if they wanted a cuddle etc .

I know it sounds cheesy but you have to find you ..you seem aimlessly looking for something to make it better ..but you don't know what that is .. and that's where the starting point is .

Archived