Day 9 of no contact, she contacts me out of desperation. I kind of feel bad.

Just to refresh, on day 7, she sent me this: ""I can't just leave you, I know you're sad. I know it's partly my fault. Let the relationship change, don't just break it off out of hate. And I don't mean dating relationship, I mean one human to another. If you can't love all of me ... like this is who I am... then you never loved me at all anyway!"

I never responded.

On day 8 around 6:00, she sent, "Hello. I almost just died." I didn't respond.

Now on day 9 at 5 in the morning, "You're just going to ignore me? You're so immature. This is why I knew you weren't for me."

Is this her a way of processing me going no contact? To try and be rude and get me mad to respond to her?

I honestly want to talk some sense into her, but that's probably just what she wants. In 9 days of no contact, all of her messages have been about her. Not 1 about the concern of me.

She's angry because you are not giving her what she wants...she's not getting her way. Assuming she broke up with you let her live with the consequences of her decision. She's just being a drama queen.

She did the do the dumping. She literally told me, "I'm bored. Your personality isn't everything I envy, I wouldn't be fulfilled."

Will she eventually come to terms with the fact that she did all the damage and understand why I'm ignoring her? Because in 9 days it doesn't seem like she's reached that conclusion.

And callng YOU out on YOUR maturity when you in fact told her...you would not be in contact.

Yeah, after she told me that she was bored, my last message was, "If that's the way you feel, that's the way you feel. Have a nice life."

9 days ago. I don't think she understands I was done after she said that.

Agree with the others..say NC...good job!

What a drama princess..spoiled little drama princess. She almost died? Please, gag me.

And remember what she said even in the message you quoted in your OP above. She wanted the relationship to "change" and didn't mean to a "dating relationship." Translation: she just needs (and now misses) all the attention you gave her cause she is a needy, spoiled, self-centered little drama princess...

Ugh...keep walking. Why don't you just block her?

Agree with the others..say NC...good job!

What a drama princess..spoiled little drama princess. She almost died? Please, gag me.

And remember what she said even in the message you quoted in your OP above. She wanted the relationship to "change" and didn't mean to a "dating relationship." Translation: she just needs (and now misses) all the attention you gave her cause she is a needy, spoiled, self-centered little drama princess...

Ugh...keep walking. Why don't you just block her?

I actually didn't understand her when she said, "Let the relationship change, and I don't mean dating relationship." I wasn't sure she meant what you're saying. Wow, that's actually what she meant. I had no idea.

I don't have her blocked because reading what she says is actually helping make my reasoning for no contact stronger, if that makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

I actually didn't understand her when she said, "Let the relationship change, and I don't mean dating relationship." I wasn't sure she meant what you're saying. Wow, that's actually what she meant. I had no idea.

I don't have her blocked because reading what she says is actually helping make my reasoning for no contact stronger, if that makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

Okay you are right...and agree. Every silly little self-absorbed text she sends you gives you that much more info/knowledge about her and her motives. Knowledge is power... so yeah I agree.

Except now that you pretty much know what a spoiled princess she is...it might be time to just block her cause every time she contacts you...it may set you back and prevent you from moving on.

But it's your call of course...

I think every text @ how this is all about her is a positive reinforcement that OP made the right decision.

As long as hearing from her doesn't set him back...I totally agree with you! I only say that cause he admitted above he still thinks about her every day ...which indicates he still cares about and has feelings for her. And hearing from her..no matter how ridiculous and self-absorbed her texts are...may set him back some and prevent him from moving on.

His call though...sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and knows what's best for him.

I think every text @ how this is all about her is a positive reinforcement that OP made the right decision.

It's strange. In the time we knew each other, she took an interest in me and wasn't really selfish at all. Then towards the end, she stopped caring about me. Now that's it's over, I expected her to show at least some interest in me and how I was doing. But you're right, everything so far has been about her. And I don't think she realizes that.

I'm going to keep her unblocked and I'll keep you all up-to-date if anything else happens. I won't be breaking no contact though.

It's strange. In the time we knew each other, she took an interest in me and wasn't really selfish at all. Then towards the end, she stopped caring about me. Now that's it's over, I expected her to show at least some interest in me and how I was doing. But you're right, everything so far has been about her. And I don't think she realizes that.

I'm going to keep her unblocked and I'll keep you all up-to-date if anything else happens. I won't be breaking no contact though.

Question. Are you keeping her unblocked hoping she contacts you expressing remorse, misses you desperately...that she made a huge mistake and wants you back...as a boyfriend?

I mean...you have seen her true colors with that last round of silly self-absorbed texts she recently sent...so not sure what more you need to know you made the right decision by going and staying no contact...

Just askin ....

Question. Are you keeping her unblocked hoping she contacts you expressing remorse, misses you desperately...that she made a huge mistake and wants you back...as a boyfriend?

I mean...you have seen her true colors with that last round of silly self-absorbed texts she recently sent...so not sure what more you need to know you made the right decision by going and staying no contact...

Just askin ....

It's probably stupid of me but I'm just interested in seeing what see says in the future. I know deep down it doesn't matter and I should and will get on with my life. I want to see if she ever comes to terms with the fact that I'm truly gone and understands what she threw away. I hope that makes sense, maybe I'm foolish.

But there's nothing she can say that would make me respond.

It's probably stupid of me but I'm just interested in seeing what see says in the future. I know deep down it doesn't matter and I should and will get on with my life. I want to see if she ever comes to terms with the fact that I'm truly gone and understands what she threw away. I hope that makes sense, maybe I'm foolish.

But there's nothing she can say that would make me respond.

do you know I know just what you mean ....my friend was receiving texts off someone she had ended it with ..they where just damn right strange , he had about 75 personalities every 10 minutes ...she didn't want to keep hearing from him ..but at the same time we where both almost intrigued ..like reading a book you just can't put down, at what he was going to say next ..The more he did say , the more I noticed she was put off ..and I have known her to be swayed easily ... he kind of wrote his own ending if you know what I mean .

This makes me feel bad too.

I understand her desperation because I was once that girl.

Granted, I was never that nasty, but I was desperate.

And when you're desperate, you do anything you think might get you what you need.

My guess here is that she probably has some childhood demons and deep-seated traumas that she never learned how to cope with.

She needs to see a therapist and get some of her dark corners adjusted - unfortunately not everyone has that luxury.

I wish I had had the opportunity to have someone help me and teach me how to cope when I needed it most.

You did the right thing in standing your ground - she can't walk all over people.

But if you ever do talk to her again, I suggest letting her know, firmly, that what she did was not ok, and that she should seek help for her anxiety.

Best of luck.

I don't know a lot about her childhood, but I know that her parents divorced when she was really young and they weren't as good as they should have been. It's not her fault, and I still care for her and hope she's doing well and finds happiness.

But I expected a little bit more respect from her and a little bit more sincerity. Maybe she'll use this as an example for the future. I know I will.

Archived