Possible signs of interest...Just wondering

Hmm...I haven't made a post in a while, so I thought 'what the heck' , lets just get some girls ..or guys opinions on this. Just wondering what some girls will do to get a guy to notice them.

Definitely not a long story...I'm a college freshman, in a lecture class(ya know really big auditorium type rooms)...and this class just started like 2 weeks ago, but I'm curious as to whether this girl I've met has any interest in me. Like the first week of class, she sat next to me, and I just asked her something about a book she had, and we talked for a minute, but had to shutup once the prof. started talking. Never got her name, class ended...left really w/o saying anything. Then like 3 classes in a row, she still comes and sits next to me, and there are plenty of other seats. I'm talking like 20 empty to my right and 10 to my left...and she comes and sits in the one right next to me. She began the conversations a few times, but most of the time we were just making fun of the prof.(little crazy hehe). Asked her what her name was after class was over, and she told me and asked mine...nothing new. She was remembering things about me tho from like previous classes(forgot a book once, and she said 'oh you remembered this time')...stuff I'd never even given a 2nd thought.

I'm not trying to make this a big deal, Ive given it thought to go for her, but just curious as to whether these could be any good signs she's interested. Also, need help flirting, was possibly thinking about saying like 'Did you reserve this seat in advance?"...something along those lines, b/c I bet she will sit next to me again. Thanks to all who reply...

Looks promising, its really hard to say, but it seems you're on the road to some thing...be it a relationship or a friendship.

About that last flirting joke, just a word of thought, you might want to be careful, because it might make her think that you don't like her sitting there. Maybe I'm just weird, but if someone who I just met said that to me, I might rethink sitting there and take it as a sign that he wants me to move hehe.

Good luck, I say go for it, maybe ask her for coffee or to study sometime soon.

Maybe say something along the lines of "fancy meeting you here"...I don't know I'm not very good at that type of thing...lol

It does sound like she is interested...just ask her if she wants to study for the test together or hang out sometime. Then feel her out and see how she responds to that...you may also want to find out if she has a boyfriend or not. You can easily bring that up in a convo...like "does your boyfriend treat you good?" or something like that.

Anyways, good luck!!

hey well i'm a girl and i've been in somewhat of the same situation. I think there could be an interest there, but be careful because some people are just very flirtatious and friendly, it's in their nature - I'm kind of like that...i'll talk to anyone and many guys think i'm interested when i'm not.

Last semester though there was a guy that i was interested in and i did in fact always sit in the same place right behind him and ask about his weekend...i would also say things like...oh so you're not late this time...things i would notice so i think it's a good sign that she's acting this way. What i suggest is to just go with the flow ...in time you'll probably figure it out, maybe you could try sitting more near the prof. next time and then see if she still sits beside you or if she sits in her original spot...if she sits beside you, you could just tell her that you couldn't hear the teacher well or some excuse like that so she understands why you moved. Anyways good luck, and don't move too fast...let things play themselves out.

YES YES YES! DON'T say the reserved seat thing. If I were here and you said it to me I'd be really hurt. You could say something complementary like "you're the best part of this class". Of course that's reeeaaallly bold. But I would start by asking her of she wants to go get coffee and study or something. Or get on the topic of a movie you both want to see, and work your way into asking her if she wants to go see it...I don't know. Just don't say "did you reserve this seat in advance."

Haha, Thanks all, but you're taking my small idea of flirting and trying to make it a huge deal. See...If I say that, I wasn't going to be serious. I was going to make a joke out of it and just try and get some feedback, see if she'd play along or not. Is there something wrong with that still? I didn't think it sounded that bad...

well, the thing is, I'd assume you're trying to flirt to GET somewhere eventually right? I know exactly how you want the joke to come off, believe me hehe. But I"m just saying, if she happens to take it the wrong way, it could actually work against you...so why say it? Even if that happens, you're right, it probably won't affect much, but it was just a little thing that I noticed heh.

There's plenty of other spontaneous jokes you can say

Even something very similar to what you said..."hey, didn't expect to see you here " kinda thing. Just don't talk about the particular seat.

I didn't say what you all think is so bad to say, but she did ask before sitting next to me this time if someone was already sitting there. I just said 'you can sit there'...eh...sounds so bad. I need help flirting...heh..not afraid to do it, just not quick and witty....

As for traz...Im not seeing how your suggestion would work... I see her 3 days a week in lecture class, and sorry, but I don't get how that would help me. Maybe explain a little, and any help is appreciated....thanks.

Hmmm....well...thanks all for the advice...but Daisy was right in a way. I never had to ask, she has a b/f that lives in her home town from another state. I didn't ask her or try anything, it just came in a convo....oh well. Nobody has to post anymore bout her...but still would like some help in the dating game...I have a bad habit of getting to know girls that already are dating exclusively or have b/fs.....