cursed ex out should I regret it

Ok I'll try to keep this short...me and my ex were together for 1.5 years he is the first guy to meet my family and I met his....I had a great relationship with his mother and we talked frequently....well on 11/16/14 I get a text from a girl claiming to be his girlfriend I was like becuase we were together for 1.5 years and she said they had been together for 7 months which pissed me the off...so he tried to lie his way out of it but he admitted it and tried to blow it off like it was nothing well he cried and he is not emotional btw and we said we would work it out...well on 11/29/2014 he breaks up with me and says he wants to be friends and I was cool with that till he started dating the girl he cheated on me with the next day!!!! His mom calls and is like wth happened and who is this old lady with my son I explained everything to her an she was disappointed and upset about it..well he went on deployment and we didnt speak for a week and I reached out like a because I miss him smh when you love you love hard....well we were talking everyday like we use to and today I cursed him out like f bombs and all...why you ask well he for 1 keeps rubbing the fact that he is with this girl in my face and I snapped I told him about himself...I dont regret it at all it was good to finally release what ive been holding in but I still want him in my life even if its as a friend which is shocking but I know I cant deal with him right now because I want to punch him in the face...I just need some advice on how to go on implementing no contact and this is for the next couple of months that way if he reaches out I can be in a place were I dont care and if he doesnt then he wont be a thought in my head...sorry for the length

First of all, I think you did the right thing. He wasn't being honest with you, so you got honest with him when he rubbed it in your face. Chances are this is going to burn you more and more to the point you tire of caring about him and completely give up on him. If nothing else, go on a few dates, have a good time, and he'll be history before you know it. Just don't jump into another relationship or you'll rebound hard.

Sorry to hear you went through all of that right around the holidays.

I'm going to echo the above posts. He was cheating on you for 7 months! Which means every single day during that time he had NO regard for your feelings. You don't deserve that.

There's a guy out there who will treat you better.

Focus on you, on healing and moving forward. Good luck.

Oh for heavens sake, why would you want to stay friends with a cheater?? And he rubs it in your face!

Straighten your back, take a deep breath and say - I' deserve the best in life'. This is not the sort of friend you need. I understand that you're having difficulty letting go of the relationship, and you're also trying to deal with rejection, betrayal and grief. Being friends with him will not help you heal. It will make it worse, particularly given he's such a tool.

Kick him to the kerb. You do not want this type of person in your life, even as an acquaintance.

Advice for no contact - block him on your phone, FB and any other social media. Don't talk to his friends about him. Resist trying to find out what he or the new GF are doing.

As the old Mafia guys used to say ..... 'you're dead to me'. Erase him from your life.

Archived