So my ex broke up with me a little over 2 months ago. I obsessively called, begged, emailed asking for another chance. He basically blocked me from everything.

Well he sent me and my mom a holiday card. Nice gesture. Then I met with his mom and she gave me an ornament that ex gave for me. She said it made him think of me. His mom says he talks about me all the time about the good times. His mom also said that in her opinion hes not thinking about getting back together and has moved on.

I still love him and would like to figure out how to get a second chance with him. I called him to thank him for ornament and luckily call went to voicemail-before I was blocked-so this must mean something.

I'd like to write more detail about the relationship and breakup, but maybe at a later time.

Why the heck do you think he would give me a cute little owl ornament? I mean he's my ex...

He broke up with you remember that. So he has to want to come back. No amount of begging and being nice to him will work.

You only really miss something when it's gone. So disappear, go silent and go No contact. Who knows if he will come back or not but he is going to have to do it off he's own back.

You can't control that or him and in truth he is not part of your life any more. Every time you contact him it's self torture and like going back to day 1 of the breakup again. Why would you want to keep replaying such a heartbreaking event.

It's time to sum up all your will and let him and his mum go so that you can grow and get on with your life. It won't be easy change never is but you'll come out the other side a stronger person and you'll learn a lot about yourself in the process.

Unless he clearly states he wants to get back together then everything else is mindless chatter!! You will drive yourself crazy trying to analyze every syllable, just forget him and cut off all contact. I wouldnt be talking to his mom either, that's indirect contact. Any info you get about him keeps him alive in your head. That messes with healing!! Good luck

It sounds like he is playing mind games and his mother is meddling. I personally would never take my ex's mother's opinion to heart. There are a lot of mother's out there who would rather have their son depend solely on them than see them happy with another woman. It is twisted but my ex's mom was one of them. She caused a lot of turmoil in my relationship by telling me what she thought her son was thinking and feeling. I listened at first but then realized, she was doing it to drive us apart so she could have her "baby" back (he is 33). His whole family including him told her to stop meddling and keep her mouth shut.

I think just leave it at the thank you message and wait and see. You have left the ball in his court now.

Archived