Is he worth the wait?

So..I have this boyfriend that I've been with for 8 and a half months, and I am madly in love with him. I can't imagine life without him.

Factor 1:

He's been in Texas for a little while, and will be there for 6 months. He's off at military school, which he applied for BEFORE he even met me.

Factor 2:

Texas is on the other side of the country. Yes, way over there.

Factor 3:

I am a flirtaholic (it's not like I try to, it just happens! AAH!)

Factor 4:

He's very attractive to the opposite sex. Which worries me. What if they're better than me, which they probably are?

Factor 5:

According to peers I am also attractive to the opposite sex. Who knew?

Factor 6:

I guess he's madly in love with me.

Factor 7:

He told me that he'd wait for me, through that long while, but I don't have to wait for him. Which obviously makes me want to wait for him more.

Factor 8:

We've got this old-fashioned letter-writing thing going on, and every time I get a letter, I swoon.

Factor 9:

He makes me feel like I'm the happiest girl in the world, and like no one could ever feel as happy as I feel.

Factor 10:

He seems to be as lovesick as I am, which of course makes me feel finer than frog's hair. *sigh*

Lately, he's been acting suspicious. Not in a bad way. He's been saying things like, "When I get back I have a question to ask you. It may be a little early, but my heart is telling me to ask you." Considering there are only so many questions it could be, it seems like he's leaning towards the BIG QUESTION. Now, if he were to ask me, my heart says YES!!, except I still want to wait a little while before I get engaged to be hitched.

What do you think?

Oh yeah, and I'm only 16. He's 17.

Are you currently known as "boyfriend-girlfriend"? If not, thats probably what he is going to ask you...to be his girlfriend. If that's not it then he probably said that to exsprece how he feels for you so that you don't "dump" him while he is away. I'd say he likes you alot. But 16 is difinety to young to get married. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

if he is going to ask you to marry him, i wouldn't set the date quite yet. my sister was madly in love with a guy for 4 years and they were engaged young... and it didn't work out. as for my own experiances... you learn SO MUCH in those few years. i'm not trying to sound old or wiser, but i did learn so much and i grew so much in the past 4 years. (i'm 20 now)

besides, if he is going to ask you to marry him... it is for FOREVER. there's no rush.

Hehe attractive. Hey, like it matters after 8 months! I think you both should be over that by now and that should be the very least of your worries! Anyway he's probably telling all the fellas how he has a georgious girl waiting for him and trust me, the more he thinks and talks about you- the morehe will want you. He'll just be making other girls jealous. No probs for you sweetie Love is the strongest force there is and it sounds like you've got it.