Making a move . . .

Josh07

I'm going on another date with this girl and I've got the feeling that she's really into me and I'm into her. I'm going to the movies and I wondered if I just happened to put my arm around her during the movie. if it would be alright. I do respect her and I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable in anyway. How would I go about doing this or at least attempting to getting a little further in the relationship? I'm not interested in the sexual relationship right now, for some reason I feel differently about this girl then I've ever felt about any other girl. The sexual part doesn't even really come into my mind when I'm around her. But, I want to get somewhat closer to her in a way instead of just sitting back and doing nothing.

- Josh

Well man you just have to go and do it. Don't try the yawning thing, in fact...don't even yawn in at all. One date in high school I went to a movie, got really tired and leaned back, stretched my arms out yawned and stretched and the girl burst out laughing. I was just stretching but apparently she thought otherwise. Hehe.

It's really only as big a deal as you make it to be. If you knew the outcome all the time it wouldn't be near as fun...

Cheers...

yeah i didn't know how to go about doing it.

should i just grab for her hand in a light way as we're walking into the theater? for some reason i noticed her hand was getting closer to my hand/leg during the 1st date and i didn't know how to react to it.

- Josh

*Shrugs* Most of my boyfriends where too shy to do the arm thing, and I usually ended up taking their arm and placing it around me. 8)

Hopefully she won't do that to you. I'd lean in, make a funny comment, and just slid your arm around her...kind of like a one-armed hug. If she's okay with that, she'll leave your arm where it is, if not, she'll either tell your or be bold and take your arm off. Be prepared to accept that, but I doubt she'll react that way...especially if you noticed her hands moving towards you on the first date. Take everything in stride, that will make the date go smoothly.

Also, (this may depend on how comfortable your ciname seating is) but sometimes having someone's arm around you is really uncomfortable, especially for a long length of time. I suggest:

1.) Making your move towards the middle/end of the movie.

2.) Take your arm away if you notice she's moving her neck or shoulders a lot, it's probably a sign that she's uncomfortable (maybe just physically).

3.) Take your arm away if it falls asleep. Nothing is worse than having a dead weight around your neck.

4.) If you can master this smoothly, switch arms. (Note: This requires switching seats, so you may want to wait for a non-movie date, or an in-home movie date.) Not a must, but she probably won't mind. You can always go and get a snack and come back on her other side...sneaky.

5.) If you take your arm away, try and hold her hands. Be sweet. You don't have to kiss her hands or anything like they do in movies, but just the little things, like massauging her hands lightly with your thumb.

6.) I know it's not a conscious thing, but try not to hold hands with sweaty palms! It can really be a huge turn off.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Don't be discouraged if she doesn't want your arm around her, some girls just don't like it. I tend to feel like an arm rest, especially when tall guys I don't even know come up to me and put their arm around me...but that's just a pet peeve.

Be calm, cool, and collected, but most of all, don't spend your whole date worrying about when and how you're going to "make your move." Try to enjoy your self and make the date as fun as possiable. Relax, you'll be fine.

Good luck!