Please tell me what this means; guys would be really helpful

There's this guy I like in school, who's in band with me. I don't really flirt that much -- if at all -- I just drop some hints that I'm not even sure that he catches. There are times when it seems like he knows, and other times where he doesn't. There are also times when it seems that he doesn't like me at all. I'm not so sure if I'm interpreting things correctly though, because I'm an exceptionally analytical female. Girls overcomplicate things, but I'm ten times worse. Someone please tell me what these events mean.

-- We're both in jazz band. I play trombone and he plays bass, so naturally I'm always somewhere in front of him. He'll say something funny, and I'll turn around and smile or laugh, depending. The thing is, whenever I turn around he's already looking at me, as if he was expecting or waiting for me to turn around. Sort of like when you're watching a movie and something funny happens, and the person next to you turns to see your reaction. By the way, this happens all the time.

-- Sometimes during freetime, he'll play the bass and I'll just watch the strings, like you watch someone play the piano. Then I look up and he's watching me watch the strings. After our eyes meet, there's a period of about 15 seconds where we just stare at eachother that ends when I can't stand the mystery anymore.

-- We don't talk outside of band, and there are specific times when I see him in passing. One time I passed him in a place that wasn't routine, and he looked a little thrown off... sort of like he didn't want to see me any more than he had to.

-- We're both very strange people, and neither of us are very good at initiating conversation. So it's sort of hard to tell if he's not talking to me because he doesn't want to, or if he's waiting for me to talk to him first.

If anyone would like to know anything else, please ask.

you have to start saying hi to him in the halls or w/e. make suer he knows that you notice him out of band. and dont worry about the conversation problem. hes a funny guy and youre both in band so theres some stuff you guys could talk about. the eye contact is a good thing. keep that up and uh well just start talking more and flirt with him a little i guess.

thast all i could say

u should talk to him more. it doesnt matter if ur shy, especially if he is too. that look he gave u was probably just a fluke. i know i dont like it when i feel as though girls are not paying attention to me so just pay attention to him and make sure he knows it.