I am so confused!

speak

Okay,

I work at a store and over the past month and a half a certain guy has been coming around. At first I didn't think anything about him. He would always make small talk. I would speak back. Then there was one week when he came in that I had been off for three days in a row and when he finally saw me he came up to me and said, "where have you been? I asked about you. I missed you." I told him where I had been and all and then he just kept coming In seeking me out in the store chatting with me (nervously and about random things) and I would always speak back. I had been waiting for him to ask for my number. Finally after a week of not seein him I saw him Sunday and asked where he has been. I told him I had missed him ( I figured since he told it to me once it would be ok for me to say as well) he told me he was out of town at his brothers house. I asked him if he were married and he was like "Nooo! No. I tried it once. We were young and stupid." I had my number in my hand and I said, " well here you should take my number." Before I could really get it out of my mouth he said, "thank you I will. It's about time!"

But it's been two days since he's had my number!!! And he hasn't called! I am confused! Does he even like me? Did I do something wrong? Should I wait around?

If his usual pattern of speech is nervous and talking about random things, then it may be that he's just really awkward or shy. If that's the case, it may take him time to actually call; be patient! You can always ask him about it when you see him at the store again.

Of course, if you don't see him again for a while and he doesn't call, that's probably a good sign that it's time to move on.

It's been 5 days since I've given my number to him. No call. I was off Mon and Tues but haven't seen him the days I have worked. Yesterday and Wednesday. He is an older guy. Mid 30s. He told me he was married once and it didn't work out. Maybe he is in no rush?? Oh the agony!

What kind of store is it? That may help us figure out if it's normal for him to be coming in a lot, or if he's coming in just to see you.

It sounds like he's a shy/nervous guy, so he might be building the courage to call. There's really nothing you can do at this point. If you see him again, you can ask why he hasn't called. But if you don't see him, there's nothing you can do

Others might disagree, but I think it was a mistake to get that friendly with a customer. You're there to work, and not get that close to a customer.

Also, I'm not a big fan of you being aggressive, especially in that type of environment. If he doesn't have the confidence to ask you for your number (when you've given him strong hints), then he's not worth pursuing.

Soul taker, I think he called the shots when he went around asking about me to my coworkers. Then we he spoke of how he missed me on my days off. He seems very shy. This is a small grocery store so u see the same ppl quite often. He was VERY eager to accept my number. What's happened now? I have no idea. But I disagree with u saying I got too close.

Archived