Rarely says "i love you" first

amila

In isolation, this fact could suggest any number of things.

Some people are not comfortable saying ILY, ever. This can be, for example, when one grows up in a family where the ILY phrase is rarely spoken, so it becomes unfamiliar and maybe even corny sounding. If one is uncomfortable being emotionally vulnerable, or emotionally available, the ILY can be difficult to say. Or, maybe one wants to the ILY only once, only when sure of a lifelong commitment, and therefore withhold the ILY until well after love has set in, until love + lifetime partnership appears likely.

If in other respects you sense that he loves you, then he does. Just go with it.

My father has never said I love you to me. Come to think of it, I've never heard him say it. Does that mean he doesn't? No, I couldn't have asked for a better father. He has always been supportive, caring and loving- he's just never said it.

I guess it bothered me, which is why I will say it to my own family.

Hope this helps.

My father has never said I love you to me. Come to think of it, I've never heard him say it. Does that mean he doesn't? No, I couldn't have asked for a better father. He has always been supportive, caring and loving- he's just never said it.

I guess it bothered me, which is why I will say it to my own family.

Hope this helps.

The first time I heard my father say I love you to me, his youngest daughter, was when I was in my 40s and he was on morphine after surgery.

So what. He loves me to bits. Its not ideal, I agree, and I tell my kids "I love you" all the time and they me. It will be different for them. One cycle = broken.

If you are looking for affirmation, you may be fighting an internal belief somewhere deep down that people don't really love you like they say they do, that you unlovable, or that people love and then leave.

Point being, maybe how is interacting with you is fine, and if that is the case, enjoy it and be grateful for what you have.

If you are missing something, look within and see whether you are looking for him to fill a hole within yourself, add a piece to you that would be best addressed by filling/adding/fixing it yourself.

if this is still the same guy from all the fb drama threads, then i'd say he doesn't really love you, he is just doing and saying the minimal he has to to keep you around imo

But he changed a lot since then,he has on fb now in relationship,he introduced me to his mom and so on

Archived