Am I allergic to lubricant?

Taven

So to cut a story short, everytime I use lubricant with an active partner in the past, it feels very "hot" (I'm talking temperature wise here). I don't have any other symptoms, but it gets to the point where it's unbearable, and it's been this way most of my life apart from one time, where an ex, used baby lotion.

I only "bottom" with boyfriends I'm comfortable with and know the status off, so no condoms. (Though have done it with condoms in the past and that hasn't really helped much either).

I've just met a new guy and everything is going well but we're both active and I'm going to try and be the passive one but I'm not sure I'm capable, which would threaten the relationship.

I have very sensitive skin & have found most condoms & lubes make me very itchy & hot too.

I have even had this happen with a toy.

I now use "Astroglide" lube products. They are an Australian product that you can purchase online, hopefully they can post to you.

They also send samples to try before you buy.

Hope this helps.

Hey Shelly! I actually have astroglide I think (purple bottle) and now I think about it, never had any problems with it (but then I've only used it on toys with myself) not with guys.

Thanks for your post.

you may want to try a different type of lubricant.

Hey Annie, loooong time no speak, hope you're well.

Well over the years I must have tried a fair few so wondering if it's a common thing. I will speak to my partner about it.

Try: Sliquid Organics

They have a variety of products, but are focused on not feeling that annoying residue/heat/irritation, or funky taste of the other lubricants. Best I've found so far.

It's water based, organic, has extremely minimal ingredients, edible, paraben free, glycerine free.

Archived