I am in such a bad predicament right now. My ex and I have been broken up for over a month now and we are just now starting to move out of our old apartment. I've been staying with my mom and he found his own place already. Anyway we met at the apartment to separate our stuff. He told me I can have most of the stuff and he will help me get a place with my sister. Well that was a week ago and I just started packing and I called him to tell him thanks for everything. Well it all went down hill. He told me I could only have the couch and he is not going to help me out with my new place. My sister expects this money tomorrow. What am I going to do. He's being a jerk and I don't know why. He's changing his mind and I am so confused.

It sounds like he is just doing that to "get you back" for something. But don't hold a grudge cause he might just have not gotten some money he was expecting. As for the stuff, if he says you can't have somthing that is yours i would deffinetly talk it out with your ex with a big strong friend of yours standing by. But it shouldn't turn into a fight if you just treat him like you would want to be treated...even if he is jipping you. That's not to say to let him push you around, be firm but gentle. That kinda sounds confusing. I hope this helps.

Is the money that you need for a down payment type thing? Also, did you sign a contract or a lease yet? if not you could just refuse payment alright. But if you did...some places alow you to cancel the contract without having to pay the down payment...just a penalte fee. So, i would look into it and study the contract to try to find loop holes. Good luck and i'm praying for you.