Impulse now regret later?

Has anyone acted out of impulse and left your Ex out of anger other than infidelity and regret it later and tried to reconcile? I have experience this with my Ex where she left me due to not being able to handle her anger now 4 times within the last 3 years of our relationship …we were together for 10.

This time around I will not take her back. She needs to handle her anger issues. Otherwise she will treat her futures with others the same way?

Thoughts?

Relationships will have their issue's. Your's was anger. That's understandable.

And to come & go as a reason to 'deal with problems' is not the answer. Things need to be dealt with in order to have a relationship be successful.

No relationship goes on a constant, smooth, road. There'll be those bumps.

As for her anger being an issue, you do have that right to move away from it, as i'm sure you've 'tried' and nothing';s ever changed?

She's had years to correct this problem and chose not to.

Since it's been a long term relationship, you WILL find many things emotionally & mentally draining. You will find yourself second guessing it all, etc. BUT, in the end ( give it all some time apart), you may find you did the right thing here.

That you two just weren't so compatible with some underlying issue's at hand.

Give it some time.. before you even THINK of taking her back.

IF she were to change herself, that could take many months to do so.. before she could prove to you her changes, for the better to have this work out again.

"regret it later and tried to reconcile?'

I think every ending of a relationship goes through a stage where you second guess yourself. Doesn't mean you should go back. Doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Don't take it as a sign of something you need to act on. Just know that it's a typical part of the process.

Take your time to make a sound decision.

I am guilty of this...

I dumped my bf of almost 5 years many times out of anger/mood swings.

He kept coming back every time even crying/begging me to take him back.

The last time (about 2 weeks ago) he dumped me for the first time.

I couldn't believe it, I then knew I had to work on myself and change a lot of my ways.

We are back together again but things are not the same.

I think I bruised him mentally and emotionally after dumping him so many times that he is now afraid to open up again and therefore just trying to protect himself from getting hurt again.

She needs a reality check, before she ends up like me.

Archived