Should I bother making any effort

Amp33

My ex and I broke up almost exactly a year ago. We lived together a year and a half, and things just got really rough between us. Things were said and it was a pretty bad breakup. We didn't speak for about 5 months and then we started to hangout a little bit. By the time we started to spend more time together I had already decided I was moving back to my hometown (900miles away) because I had no friends or family after me and my boyfriend broke up. After I moved we still continued to chat every few weeks. I regret moving back, only for the fact that I really forgot how much I hate it here and loved my last city.

And my ex and I have been talking a lot, and saying how much we really miss each other.

I want to move back. 80% because I miss the city, 10% because I miss my old job(which I can have again) and 10% because I miss him..

He's just awful with communication which is a big reason we broke up in the first place.

Say I were to move back, would giving us another shot be worth it? What's your experience with getting back together with an ex?

Are you working? Do you have a job in your new city (aka the hometown)?

I am working in my hometown currently, yes. But it is a different province and the economy here is awful. I'm working two jobs and barely making ends meet, whereas in the city I was before I worked one job (a lot) and was living very comfortably.

Archived