Sunless Tanner that works?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a self-tanner that works well. I look so much better with a tan. It's winter and I am starting to get pale, and I don't want to go to the tanning booth. I don't want to use something that will make me turn orange either. Does anyone here use a product that:

*smells good

*looks natural (not orange, streaky, or fake)

*lasts (won't wash off after one shower or ruin clothes)

Any suggestions?

-BellaDonna

Hi BellaDonna.

I've used Body Drench Quick Tan Sunless Tanning Mist in the Ultra Bronze Formula.

link removed

I've never had a problem with it turning orange, and it has always looked fabulous with my complexion. It usually lasts up to five days. I paid $18.95 for 6 oz.

Some tips, apply your self tanner at night so you can sleep with the application on. The color takes at least three hours or more to set properly. Wear something to bed you don't mind staining. The color will look and smell a bit weird until the morning, where you'll need to take a shower to wash some of the excess color off. You'll see some of it rinse off in the shower and this is perfectly normal. You'll be left with a smoother color, and your new tan is complete. Every shower you take thereafter will continue to slowly remove the color, but my color has always lasted a good three to five days even with daily showering.

When I apply a tanning spray, I wear a shower cap around my hair and spray it evenly to all areas I want bronzed (usually my neck, face, shoulders and arms, as well as my legs if I know I'll be wearing a dress). Then I slightly rub it in with my fingertips. Think of applying nail polish, do a few light coats instead of globbing a ton on all at once. Some people wear gloves to avoid staining their palms and fingertips, but I just scrub my hands really good with soap and water afterwards. Then I re-apply a very light mist over the tops of my hands so it'll look more natural. Remember to rub a bit behind your ears and at the nape of your neck as well, or your tan may look strange if you decide to pull your hair up in a pony tail later on.

If you're unsure of how dark you want to go, try one or two light applications the first night and see how it looks in the morning after showering. If you feel you'd like to go darker, apply a few more light applications the following night, etc. You'll soon get the hang of how much you'll need to receive your desired shade. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...