I just have one last question for him. What should I do?

blueonblack

I don't think I need to retell my story, as I have already told it here just a few days ago.

B and I have not had contact for three months. There has been a lot of awful stuff happen in that time, and I feel like he has been behind some of it to get to me, or to upset me. However, now B has a 'girlfriend'. I'm not 100% certain on this, as it is just one photo on Facebook, but I will run with the assumption that, yes, she is his girlfriend. Him and I were always in the wrong place in the wrong time, I wanted to date when he didn't, he did when I didn't, it goes on and on.

In the past three months, I feel like I have made progress. I started thinking about him again a month ago but knew, no matter what, I would not message him. Ever. I had it resolved in my head I would take as long as I needed to grieve, and move on. There is better out there for me!

However, now that I've found out he has a girlfriend. I just have one last question. I just want to message him and ask him, was it that you didn't want a girlfriend, or you didn't want me? In my heart, I know the answer, but I think hearing it from him will hurt it into me. Which I am okay with. I don't want contact with him for comfort, or for any other reason. I just want to hear him answer that question. Or I might think about it forever, and ever, and hurt my own progress.

I guess... It would be my final closure.

Am I being stupid?

I would not message him. Ever. I had it resolved in my head I would take as long as I needed to grieve, and move on. There is better out there for me!

However, now that I've found out he has a girlfriend. I just have one last question. I just want to message him and ask him, was it that you didn't want a girlfriend, or you didn't want me?

No offense, but there was "better out there for you" until you found out he has a girlfriend. Having said that, it appears this is more about wanting what you can't have.

Either way, asking him "one last question" will only lead to asking more questions, resulting in holding yourself hostage, rather than accepting it's over and moving forward.

Archived