Sleep Trouble

imsuperman

Hi all,

I've been awaking with a start when I try to fall back aspleep at night a lot lately. It appears I'm having bad dreams and my body involuntarily starts me awake whenI try to fall back asleep. It seems to have been happening a lot since I began my new job three weeks ago (even though I like my new job fine) Even when it's happening, I know in my head it's stupid and wrong, but I can't stop my body from doing it. Sometimes I''l liek wake up in a kung-fu pose. This morning, I had some work products in my head while it was happening. After several times, I went to the bathrooom and was finally able to get back to sleep after about a half hour. It's called a hypnic jerk. Is there anything to stop this or alleiviate this? It's getting to be a nuisance, two nights in a row now and a lot more since I started my new job.

Sounds like you're dealing with a lot stress. Job and real life need to be separated at all times. Once you get off work. You're off. Don't think about work. Do activities that combat stress. Working out, reading book or playing video game. Just give yourself time to enjoy it. I hope you feel better soon.

The thing is, I've been working out regularly and I read, play video games, and watch movies at home.

I think it's kind of like a "life transition" stress. My new job is totally different than my last one. I'm used to being a leader, now I'm the new guy.

I'm doing well, my boss even said so.

But this sleep thing is annoying me, especially since I'm someone that almost never remembers dreams in the first place.

Archived