Should I send my letter

Red83

If she is not willing to talk to you in person, keep the letter. Getting your feelings on paper will help you. It won't help her. It might even make her feel bad.

Try to meet her face to face. If she doesn't want to see you, she may dread to read your letter. She might even mock it. If you can't trust that she won't make fun of your letter, move on.

I hope you pour yourself a gin and read this, or at least get someone read it for you, but not your stepdad as he is too manly and the letter will just catch fire.

I hate how things ended and still don't fully understand what happened. I guess I maybe lost sight of things around Dublin time and got complacent and took you for granted a bit. I'm sorry for that, especially because you now think we aren't good together. I hope I never made you feel like I didn't want to be with you or that I didn't want you around, I loved every minute i had with you and couldn't wait to show you off to everyone. You made me laugh and smile all the time, and I like to think for the most part I did the same for you. I miss our witty banter.

I don't know if my new job made you think more about the long term and thought things wouldn't work. It was just a job though and you were always more important. I spent a lot of time thinking about the big picture for us but maybe I should have just focused on what was happening in front of me.

I know I sometimes live in my head too much and overthink stuff so sometimes come accross like a borderline mute. I loved talking to you though and wish I could have got out of my own way and opened up more, but even if I was quiet I still loved hearing you talk.

Maybe someone else came along and swept you off your feet, or if they haven't already I hope whin it happens they appreciate what they have in you. You are beautiful inside and out, don't let anyone tell or make you feel any different.

I wish you had told me your doubts earlier because if I had known I was losing you I'd have fought like hell to make sue I didn't. I suppose we weren't together that long but you made a mark on me and I hope that at least for a short amount of time I made a mark on you too.

I know this won't spark a Hollywood style rom com ending, although maybe Zach Galifianakis could play me in the movie. I sometimes wish in was back waiting at Nottingham train station for the girl in the bright yellow coat and neon orange bag, maybe then I'd get another chance at putting more smiles on your face than the film Elf ever could.

Be happy.

We will always have Cleethorpes and songs about a little duck who just wants to buy some grapes.

Archived