How do i become more comfortable with how i look

Jordan101

I despise the way I look to the point were i find it hard to look at my own reflection anymore without picking my self to pieces, I hate my personality how i seem to isolate people and I feel awkward during everyday situations .

I feel broken and incomplete and just cannot accept who I am. I wish beyond belief that I was someone else.

how can i fix myself?

Get help in the areas you think you need help in. Do you want a better body? Go to the gym. Better personality( you are fine I'm sure) get a good therapist. But the best way to get over this is to find a way to forget yourself. You probably do like the way you look, you just might think others don't. But what if you could get to a place emotionally where it didn't matter as much? Try for that first! And you are welcome to use my old stand by motto."The next best thing to being there, is not to care. Find a way not to care. And then if you still want to improve a few things fine. As to how to get to the place where you don't care,I am not sure. We all need to find it our own way I suspect or maybe others can help too. Give out more information and people here will help.

I despise the way I look to the point were i find it hard to look at my own reflection anymore without picking my self to pieces, I hate my personality how i seem to isolate people and I feel awkward during everyday situations .

I feel broken and incomplete and just cannot accept who I am. I wish beyond belief that I was someone else.

how can i fix myself?

If you're not already getting therapy, I would strongly recommend it.

There's quite a few issues here, it would be difficult to go through them all. But at the base of it, you have a choice between the following two things:

1) Continue to be unhappy with yourself and living an unhappy life

2) Assume you're perfectly fine just as you are and be happy

I'm not saying that it's easy to change beliefs; it isn't. But your thoughts are doing you no favours. If you can look at that choice and make the conscious decision to change the way you look at yourself in order to fix your life (not yourself...focus on your happiness, not on your characteristics), that's a good starting point.

Currently, there is one thing that is making you unhappy. Your thoughts. The external world is not making you unhappy. Your own mind is making you unhappy. When you look at it that way, you'll see that you are in control of how you want to live your life and how you want to feel. You have the ability to make changes.

But don't make changes externally. If you're thinking something bad about your body or your looks, don't focus on improving those externally. You need to be happy with who you are at the moment before you can change - if you still feel that you need to change. Shaming yourself will only make you feel worse.

But, yeah...if it's that bad, take it to a professional.

Archived