Does he sound interested to you?-(I'm a very shy girl)

Springfairy

There is this guy at work whom seems to be dropping hints that he likes me or is interested, holding my hand, hugging me, told me I was pretty, etc.He asked me out once, I said sure, but then he flaked, but said we needed to reschedule for a rain check.He keeps bringing it up, keeps asking about my ex boyfriend etc, and seemed really happy when I said I don't speak to my ex anymore.

For example(3 months after I started) He asked if I had a boyfriend, if I missed my ex, what my ex was like etc.I answered his questions, just ignoring it as him making conversations with me.Though I'm very quiet and shy. A few months later, on break he asked if I knew our co-worker and I said yes, he told said "Well he says that your the perfect girl for me, and I should take you out." He then asked if I would date a guy 6 yrs older than I(I have no issues with that, I'm in my mid 20s) being really shy, I just responded with an Oh. I told my older sister about it, and she told me he was asking me out right then and there.

Anyways, a few days later, I was upset because my ex had posted some nasty comments about me.And this guy at work, comforted me, I tried turning away, but he kept coming over, held my hands, kissed my hands and told me I was pretty.

The following week, I was upstairs on break, I tripped over a chair in front of him. He ran over and said "Babe, you okay" I said yes, I'm just having bad luck(it was friday the 13th so I was just being silly all day, got hurt 3 times LOL) He said "Well, you need a boyfriend to break that luck...How about going out with me" I said yes, he hugged me and gave a sigh of relief.The day to go out came, and he didn't show, I texted and he responded that his brother had a heart attack, he had to go to the ER.He asked we could reschedule, I said yes.The following week came, unfortunately, this time I couldn't make it, but I texted him the day before and told him so.And I never tried again.

A couple weeks ago, out of the blue he brought up "So has your ex contacted you?" I told him no, that I don't talk to him anymore.He went on to tell me about his ex, what type of things he did with her etc, and that it ended similar to my situation.

And yesterday: I was leaving and he was upstairs on break, I had to wait for my ride so I sat down.He asked when my days off were and I told them.Then he told me how he sent me a friend request on Facebook, and we discussed games.I pulled out my phone to text my ride.And he started laughing, I thought he was laughing at me texting "I was like what?" He said nothing, but kept laughing and I responded "Are you laughing at me texting?" He was like "what?" and kept laughing.Finally I said "What is so funny!" He then said, "Well last night, I had a dream...about you" I was like "About me?" and he responded "Yeah, you were sitting texting like you are now, and I knocked on your door, you let me in and we sat and talked and had a good time, then you kissed me.I told you I loved you and loved working with you, and that you were a hard-worker, and you told me you enjoyed being with me too"

I didn't know how to respond to that.He looked me waiting for a response, and I just sat there stupidly stumbling over my words.I forgot what I said next, but then I got up because my ride was here.

I just don't know why he would bring that up LOL

I have always questioned his motives.Because I have had a hard time believing he's interested(Yes self esteem issues.Don't lecture me LOL)

He asked me out once, and I said sure.But he canceled the day of the date because his brother was rushed to the hospital.He asked to reschedule for the following week, I said sure, but then I couldn't make it the following week, I had to work.I haven't tried rescheduling since. And he keeps saying he hasn't forgot about the rain-check for dinner and told me to please let him know when.

What do you guys think? I'm really super shy, and I have no clue how to respond to flirts or how to read his signals etc.I only had one bf and it ended badly.

I have his phone number and he added me on facebook.But I don't want to text him too much,because I don't want to seem clingy or needy.

I also question if this is all just a pity party because he feels bad about me and my ex.

I sent him a facebook message, He saw it but never responded to it.I know he saw it because at the bottom it says "Seen at 12:07 am"

Which makes me think he's ignoring me.He is on my friend list.But then he does the sort of things I mentioned in my first post, which makes it seem like he's interested.

So he's got me confused here. Ignoring a message seems like your not interested, I would think if he was he would respond, of course my message was only a "Thanks for the friend request" but still.But then when you tell someone you dream about them and you ask them out to lunch, it makes you seem interested.So confusing.

he seems interested.

Either go out with him or make it clear you dont' want to.

Either way time to pull up the big girl panties and do something.

I did send him another message today, about rescheduling that rain check.He logged on tonight, but completely ignored the message. I'm not gonna constantly pest him, so its now his turn to decide if he replies or not.If he ignores it, then he's not interested.And I'll end contact outside of work.

I did send him another message today, about rescheduling that rain check.He logged on tonight, but completely ignored the message. I'm not gonna constantly pest him, so its now his turn to decide if he replies or not.If he ignores it, then he's not interested.And I'll end contact outside of work.

You need to specify what these messages are. If you sent him something like "its cool to finally be ur friend on facebook lololol" then there's not much to reply to there

You need to specify what these messages are. If you sent him something like "its cool to finally be ur friend on facebook lololol" then there's not much to reply to there

I wrote

"Sorry about my mom being such a pain with the facebook game requests.She's weird that way.By the way, you wanted

me to let you know when was good for that rain check.I'm available all week.Just let me know what's good for you.Have a good day.^_^"

that I sent not yesterday, but the day before.He was on last night, I'm pretty sure he saw it.lol

He added my mom to his facebook friends, and she sends a lot of game requests.

At work the other day he was teasing me about how much my mom and I play games on there.

And he was like "I'm this close to removing her...But I'll keep you on my list"

Archived