Help me come up with an excuse

amila

So I need advice guys.Its like this,i am in my home country for vacation,i met a guy here that i like,he lives in the same country as i do(We met through facebook),He now wants us to meet while we are here already,but i would prefer the meeting to happen back home (we live close there as well).I need to come up with an excuse ,a reson why i dont want to meet here?

I dont want to get it all complicated in the start so thats why i just give a simple excuse

The trouble with giving a "simple excuse" is that it will sound exactly like that .... like a simple excuse, which just makes it look even worse. I don't even see why you need an excuse anyway, because you say you are both in your home country and then you say you want to meet "back home". Isn't "back home" your home country? I don't understand.

Why can't you just tell him you'd prefer to wait until you return home to meet up? As far as needing a "reason", what IS the reason? Too busy w/ family? A summer job? Seeing someone else? Also how much longer until you return home?

Why can't you just tell him you'd prefer to wait until you return home to meet up? As far as needing a "reason", what IS the reason? Too busy w/ family? A summer job? Seeing someone else? Also how much longer until you return home?

I am seein someone else but it doesnt go well

I am seein someone else but it doesnt go well

Again -- the truth is easy.

"I am still in a relationship with someone else and I need to go home and break up with him before I am comfortable getting involved with you".

or

"My bad --- I am chatting you up, but I actually have a bf. I guess I need to dump him first so catch you back at home instead of

on the down low".

The trouble with giving a "simple excuse" is that it will sound exactly like that .... like a simple excuse, which just makes it look even worse. I don't even see why you need an excuse anyway, because you say you are both in your home country and then you say you want to meet "back home". Isn't "back home" your home country? I don't understand.

I think the "home country" is where they were both born and both happen to be visiting right now.

"Back home" is where they both live permanently.

...? I'm confused too

I think the "home country" is where they were both born and both happen to be visiting right now.

"Back home" is where they both live permanently.

Thank you, that's probably correct. I misread/misunderstood.

OP: if you are seeing someone else, then he at least deserves the truth. No excuses.

Archived