How many of you DIDNT have sex on your wedding night?

Jeffie

Of the couples where I'm close enough to one or the other that they chose to share that info with me....(that would be maybe 4 or 5 couples total)...there's a relationship between the size of the wedding and sex (or lack thereof) on the wedding night.

Basically, the bigger and more elaborate the wedding & reception, the less likely they were to have sex that night. Most common reason was "we/she/he/I was just exhausted!"

My husband & I eloped...you can just imagine what our wedding night was like.

My husband and I didn't have sex on our wedding night. We were leaving early in the morning for our honeymoon the next day, so when we got home we just opened our evelopes and counted our $$$$$. We were both really tired from a loooooong day and full from eating at the reception and both drunk too. So we broke that tradition, but we made up for lost time on the honeymoon.

Another thing we forgot to do was put the top of our wedding cake in the freezer to save for the first anniversary. we were so tired and disoriented we left the box on the couch only to find the cat licking frosting the next morning.

Weddings are NEVER as romantic as they appear on TV....

-BellaDonna

We were both really tired from a loooooong day and full from eating at the reception and both drunk too. So we broke that tradition, but we made up for lost time on the honeymoon.

This is exactly what I thought it would be too! A lot of women get turned on more when they are drunk, but if I've been drinking too much, I usually just want to PASS OUT! Throwing a couple plates of wedding food into the mix is usually a recipe for sleep - lots of it!

I don't think it's super important to have wild, crazy sex on your wedding night. There is always the honeymoon and the rest of your lives for that afterwards!

I don't think it's super important to have wild, crazy sex on your wedding night. There is always the honeymoon and the rest of your lives for that afterwards!

I dont really think so either and you are right, nothing bad can come from wating. You just don't really hear about it, so I was curious. Keep the comments coming.

when I got married I got up at 5:30 AM to go pick up some people at the airport...then from that minute on I was on the go...I think the only time I really sat down was while I ate at the reception...and that was probably all of 20 minutes...

everyone has to dance with the bride...

The last person left our reception at 2:45 in the morning.

My husband was a tad drunk and I was exahusted so clothes hit the floor and we hit the bed...like rocks.

It was not even anywhere near close to a fleeting thought for either of us.

when I got married I got up at 5:30 AM to go pick up some people at the airport...then from that minute on I was on the go...I think the only time I really sat down was while I ate at the reception...and that was probably all of 20 minutes...

everyone has to dance with the bride...

The last person left our reception at 2:45 in the morning.

My husband was a tad drunk and I was exahusted so clothes hit the floor and we hit the bed...like rocks.

It was not even anywhere near close to a fleeting thought for either of us.

And that is another reason I would rather elope (or have a very small wedding!)

when I got married the first time (way to young, dummy me at that point) we just did the elopement/in front of a judge thing...(and ok, yeah with that marriage I guess we did have sex that night LOL...)

always had a pang of regret that I missed out on something...boy was I ever off base. Not that I iddn't enjoy my wedding, but that money wouldhave been well spent on somethig else.

when I got married the first time (way to young, dummy me at that point) we just did the elopement/in front of a judge thing...(and ok, yeah with that marriage I guess we did have sex that night LOL...)

always had a pang of regret that I missed out on something...boy was I ever off base. Not that I iddn't enjoy my wedding, but that money wouldhave been well spent on somethig else.

I think I would wrap it into a trip somewhere nice...maybe do the judge thing before or after in my own city, but have a nice little ceremony in Europe, etc. Or buy a new house with the money saved! I like the celebration, just not a huge elaborate exhausting one!

but that money wouldhave been well spent on somethig else

Bingo! That's what I always thought, too.

My mom makes wedding cakes. She'd have potential clients over for sampling and design consultations. I'd hear the enormous amounts of money these people were spending on what was, essentially, a party and I just didn't get it.