I have kind of been flirting with a guy in the food court of the mall I work in for a while and each time I visit he seems a little more interested. On christmas eve he gave me a little christmas present. I don't really know what to do.

I am a really quiet/shy person, not the best with interpersonal relations. I get really freaked out really quick, so it is easier for me in the end to do nothing. But I do like him and I don't want to screw things up.

I was thinking of giving him a new years present. Is this okay?

then what next?

thanks for the help, I certainly need it!

OK ya, if i were this guy and i was interested enough to give you a gift, if a girl did this i would be really happy, give him a small new years gift, liek 20 or 30 bucks, then set up a date. like give it to him and say, do you want to go see movie... (tonght, tomorrow, friday, this weekend etc.. wutever is convenient), good luck, make sure to set up a date, if your really shy, hes gunna need you to initiate soemthing to show him that you are interested.

that's a toughy ... I usually think the guy should be the one to inititate a relationship, or whatever ... you could say "It might be cool to hang out sometime", or something similar, and if he bites, and asks you out, then cool ... if he doesn't ask you out somewhere, then you can move on ... tough one though ...