what does an alpha report include for future renters?

hey there...

so tomorrow I am going to look at an apartment. the landlord says he will be running an alpha check on me... he said he would call up the cops in my town and run my information.

can someone please tell me what exactly he will be looking for?

I have a iffy credit history... I have completely paid off a student loan recently, and pay monthly payments on another... but I also have a student loan in default with the government at the moment. I also have unpaid medical bills, when I ran my credit check those seemed to be the real issue with me. I also have a repossessed car on my background. I am not proud of any of this but it is what it is.

my mom offered to help me if she can, she would be willing to co-sign on an apartment with me so I mentioned that to the man on the phone.

I just need to know what exactly he will be looking for so I am prepared for anything. thank you all so much!

If he is running a credit check on you and your score is low, he may well turn you down. I've never heard of what an 'alpha' check is, but a credit check will turn up defaults and repossession and also give him your credit score. If he is calling the cops, he may be running a criminal record check to see if you've been arrested.

If he won't rent t you, the best bet may be to get your mother to co-sign, or to look for a room in a shared house where you don't have to sign the lease while you wait for your credit to improve. Then go about getting sufficient employment to get your student loans out of default. Even a bankruptcy won't clear student loans owed to the govt.

btw, there are online places you can go to get a look at your own credit report for free to see what's on it. google 'free online credit report' and look for one of those services.

Archived