Like girl, but afraid of past repeating itself

Hey, I like this girl and I want to get to know her, but i'm afraid to do anything about it. I had a really rough breakup several months ago, the ex doing all kinds of immature rotten stuff towards me, even resulting in loss of many friends. I'm afraid of the same thing to happen again, and I don't want to lose anymore friends than I already have through the ex's lies. I know that this girl I like likes someone else, but she knows that this someone else doesn't like her and she doesn't have a chance with him. Is there a chance with this girl? and How do i get rid of my fears and do soemthing about it. Any advice?

Hey man, I understand why you scared by this whole ordeal but the other guys are right all you can do is ask. As for being scared about this whole issue you seem to be carrying what people call "baggage." Honestly man, I understand why your scared and it sounds like it was a really rough situation. Sadly enough I don't feel like I can trust many people either. What you have to do is look at people like this, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and make a judgement after you know them. Who knows this girl could be worlds different from your ex and you could have a great relationship. Or you could just hide behind your fears and never find out. I for one would rather take the risk. Pm me and let me know how it goes.

Yeah, I have been trying to get to know her a little, I was with her until 2 30 one night talking with her and one of my friends. We left went somewhere, came back and this one friends was "sleeping" I actually thought he was asleep but he wasn't. While he was asleep i got a chance to talk to her and get to know her and talk about personal stuff. etc. it was cool, She is a really nice girl and I like her but i'm not sure what to do. I doubt she sees me in that way though. She did ask me who I liked, I told her I didnt think i should answer that, She did ask me if i had a chance with this person, i told her i didn't think so i don't know what to thing. A few weeks earlier friends of mine told me she was asking if i liked her, the friends told her no. So she does kinda suspect it but i don't know what to think. Is this a good sign or not?