Saw some pictures on FB, after 5 months, and it stirred things up a bit.

Not sure why Im having these feelings come up. ( 2 guys, me 33, him 26 )

I havnt heard or seen him for 6 months. I have been doing pretty well, my heart is steill healing but I have been focusing on my friends, started a new job and for the most part..I am hopeful about the future.

I logged into FB last night and saw a picture of him in Maui, sitting on the beach. Ordinarily I wouldn't look at this pic ( or care ) but it happened to be a trip that I paid for him to go on. While we were together, I bought both of us tickets to Hawaii, I was planning on proposing there.. hit the fan, he ended up cheating, and we never went on the trip together. But because the ticket was in his name he still got to go on it..I feel burned seeing this picture that he has gone on this trip ( on my dime )

I suppose its fine..just feels like a kick in the teeth. I was never reimbursed for the ticket..he acted like a brat and then got a free trip to Hawaii..I suppose it all balances out tho.

anyway, Im in a funky headspace today. Just wondering why I still hold him up high on a pedestal when he was clearly so hurtful and abusive..why do I have feelings like this for him still?..or love ect?....is it because I have no one else to fill that gap?

Whether it's an ex, or a crush, if you have feelings for the person looking at their facebook is poison. It is like peeking in their house and seeing them dancing around and happy with someone else, it hurts.

Yes, not having a replacement will make it worse, so until you do or are really over him don't look at his facebook anymore.

I think your feelings are normal. You paid for this trip and NOT ONLY was your ex so disrespectful that he cheated on you, but he also went on a trip on your dime and didn't even thank you, try to reimburse you or anything. I could understand you being angry from all this. I would be too. Your feelings are totally normal.

Feel it. Let those feelings pass and move on from it. You were doing good before you saw the picture, so you know you'll be just fine later.

Archived