Girlfriend flipped out but not sure why

Rockyr87

I spent most of yesterday with my girlfriend before her and i went to work. Things were really great and she was super loving and all that stuff. After I left work i went to her place for dinner. After dinner she got upset with me for not helping her with dishes and later texted me saying i made her feel like a slave and all this craziness and that i don't take enough initiative. It really hurt my feelings and i never meant to make her feel that way. I actually did offer to help, but she said no. Anyway..i called her today and said i was going in early and it felt like all one word responses. After i hung up she said she didnt want to see me before work and that she'd call me tomorrow. Shes also getting towards the end of her time of the month i think so maybe that has something to do with it. Should i just wait this out or what? It's making me nervous and crazy.

I'd suggest letting it go. People fly off the handle & have moods, daily. (notice I didnt say 'women'? ).

Not sure how long you two have been together? Is it a good going relationship otherwise?

UNLESS this is happening a LOT lately, no reason to over think this little 'mood swing'.

It may be that little things have began to bother her. I would taken on board what she has said, regarding taking initiative. Be thoughtful in ways that you may not have previously considered. In this case, if she cooked for the both of you, insisting to clean up would have been welcomed. It doesn't sound like anything terrible will happen. Good luck.

It may be that little things have began to bother her. I would taken on board what she has said, regarding taking initiative. Be thoughtful in ways that you may not have previously considered. In this case, if she cooked for the both of you, insisting to clean up would have been welcomed. It doesn't sound like anything terrible will happen. Good luck.

I agree with this... don't ask her if she wants help. That implies you are offering to do her a favour or something. If there are chores to be done - that are your joint responsibility - get up and start doing them. That's what taking the initiative is...

Archived