Girl on online dating website wants to take messages to personal email.Should I?

sageking

Hello guys and gals,

Just a quick opinion. I recently started talking to a girl on a dating about 4 days ago. We have exchanged about 3 emails and I am going to send her one today, making it 4. However, she put this at the end of the email:

"If you feel like taking the chat off [****], I can be reached at [*****]@[****]. com. I keep toying with the idea of closing my account here, so I thought I'd pass this along just in case I come to the decision to shut down. "

She is out of the country for a couple more months for studies abroad, which means I can't meet her for a while. Would it be offensive to her if I just kept the email exchange on the website or go ahead and email her from my personal one?

Just curious on what people thought. Thanks!

I'd take it at face value. Do you want to take the chat to email? If not, she's stated that it's just in case she decides to shut down. I know I pretty much repeated what she said but there's no use in trying to read between the lines. Even if she was secretly trying to hint that she wants to move forward, do you have time for subtle hints and cryptic clues?

I'd say go for it if you're comfortable.

For me, I prefer to take the convo's off the dating sites sooner rather than later. It's more convenient. I usually ask after about 4 or so messages. I've even taken strait to Instant Messaging.

And, I think, it shows some interest on her part.

Just my .02¢

I hate messaging on dating websites and LOVE when guys suggest this. I've never had any issues giving guys my personal email. It's the phone number where it can get obnoxious with texting but certainly not email.

If she's out of the country it makes complete sense that she needs to stop using the website. I'm moving out of the country soon, and had to delete my profile a couple of months ago. There were a couple of guys I was talking to and informed them that I would need to be off the site for awhile. Seems legit to me.

Archived