Do you ever get an sudden urge to contact an ex?

Joni

So me and my ex have been broken up since September and haven’t contacted each other since then. (hes the one that walked away) We dated only 8 months but were head over heels in the beginning. I been doing well just pressing through life and actually been really busy. I even have a new crush right now on this HOT guy at my gym and the way things are looking it seems to take a like to me as well. But all of a sudden I have this HUGE urge to contact my ex. I don’t have a cellphone # of his (since I deleted his contact in my phone as well as changed my # entirely) so I wouldn’t be able to even if I wanted to. But it got me thinking, has anybody EVER had that same experience? Whether you left a relationship or vise versa? It just makes me wonder if the other party ever just all of a sudden gets an urge that came out of nowhere to contact their past like how I’m going through right now.

I think sometimes right when you are on the verge of moving on, you can't help but look back. I think I am at that stage.... Like here I am moving on and feeling unsure, looking back at the comfort of what was..... I have no intentions of reaching out but I know what you mean.....

Yup, since I woke up this morning. I don't know whats going on, I was fine. I tend to over analyze things as much as I try to discourage others from doing it.

In November while we were still together, she had a court date, so I went with her to show support. The judge gave her a return date in December. Well, we broke up end of November and I was in NC. She sent me a text for Thanksgiving and I responded with a short reply. When her follow up court date came, I just sent her a simple "I hope everything went well with court today". She responded with a few texts kind of expecting conversation or further inquiry from me but I didn't respond, kinda felt bad, though I shouldn't.

Then, on Christmas she sent me a text e-card (Inside joke) and wished me and my dog well, etc. I responded in kind, but since then I've been a little sad. She is VERY wrong for me, and though I don't miss the relationship with her, I do miss my friend, and thats what sucks. I soooo want to send her a simple "I'm ok with the relationship being over, but I do miss my friend", but I won't be sending that text. Rather just vent here.

For me it is usually a fleeting urge. I remind myself that he dumped me and probably doesn't want to hear from me anyway since he is probably with the girl he left me for. At this point, I have nothing to say to him.

Distract yourself for a couple of hours and you will see that the urge passes. Nothing will change with you calling them.

Archived