I find myself obsessing over what my ex is doing

I don't know exactly what triggered it but lately I have been obsessing over what my ex is doing. Simple things as if she is having fun, is she seeing someone, does she even think about me. And it is strange because of the timing. It has been a good few months since the break up and I was doing really good. But lately I keep on thinking about these things. And whats worse is that I compare my imagination of what she is doing to what I am doing. And then I feel jealous that maybe I am not doing as much or as good as she is. It is kind of ruining my days.

Now I know I am not over her. And I know that I miss her and things of such, but I also know that I don't want another relationship with the her, at least not a the moment, because it won't work. So why am I thinking so much, why am I judging myself? Should I just take this as another phase? I feel like I need to do more to prove something to myself. And I really dislike having to feel that way. I don't want to do things just to be doing more or better than a particular person but rather just because I want to. Now what confuses me even more is whether these things that I feel like I "should" be doing are because I truly want to or because I am being influenced by these recent thoughts. I guess it could be both. Just confused as to how I should handle the situation.

Archived