asking for the first date.

Gunther

hello all, been a while I suppose. Anyways let me get to why I came here. Recently I met a girl who goes to my school, and I am going to ask her out on a date soon. Her and I get along pretty well, a fairly romantic story how we met, a story for another time however. I just dont know what I should do on a first date. Besides the fact everything is a half-hours walk from my house and I cant drive yet, which isnt the problem I'm not crippled I can walk just fine, I just need some ideas on what to do for a first date.

I say for the first date, you really want to make it special. Of course, everyone's opinion's will vary. Me personally, one of my best first dates were when my ex's and I enjoyed a cozy dinner together, spent time walking along the beach, and drove along the coast. Some people may suggest watching a movie for the first date, but to me, it's kind of not as personal. It's almost like both partners need to shut-up at the theatres. There's this awkwardness, because you're getting to know a person, and trying to make the first date romantic. But watching a movie, kind of takes away that whole special affect.

Also, about bringing flowers, don't over do it, if you decide to. Save the dozen rose bouquet for another occasion. One of my dates did that to me once on the first date, and to be honest with you, it kinda scared me. I felt that our friendship wasn't strong enough for him to send roses. To me, I interpreted it as him trying to get game. If you do decide to give her flowers, maybe a single rose is better. It's subtle enough where it won't scare her away.

One more romantic suggestion: if this date is going to be something that you want to initiate as something 'serious' then do something else special as well. Take her to a scenic point, and establish that as a place where you guys go to as your special hang out spot. I wish you guys all of the best. Good luck & have FUN!

The phrase "my best first date" and "my ex" leave something to be desired, but I get what you mean.I agree that movies are cliche and besides the fact I cant really afford roses, they seem kind of tacy for just a first date. As for senic area thing, I am thankfull for your imput there, but I'm to young for a "romantic" realationship, but I do care a lot for this girl and want her to be happy. anyways, thanks for the advice. any more would be most welcome.