Going to try and make this short because this has been going on for years. My friend and I have known each other for over 10 years and for about the first 5 of those years we were both in relationships. We both are currently single and live a couple hours away from each other but still see each other frequently. Over the past 2 years he has made it very obvious he is interested in me (always find a way to bring sex into the conversation, comments on my body/looks, if we're hanging late at night he tries to get me to stay over, one night on vacation I woke up to him standing over me and asked him what the hell and he said I just want to know what it would be like to kiss you and then he proceeds to). So I don't believe him being interested in me is all in my head. Or is it? Because a while ago he got me to stay the night by finally just grabbing my arm and kissing me, we did not have sex because HE didn't want to and I respected that, so instead just fooled around a bit and talked about how nice it felt to be with each other. Well jump to two days later when I drive a couple of hours back home and decide I should let him know how I feel. I explain to him the thought of us together makes me really happy and I think we could be something awesome together and I'm finally ready to give it a shot. He responded with that night we stayed together was great but he's worried about our friendship. I tell him I am too but in my mind how can we not give this a shot? We already know each other so well, get along great, have similar interests...if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out, but to never give it a chance seems silly to me. He says he has to think and about a week goes by. So by this point time has gotten the better of me and I freak out a bit thinking maybe I made a mistake which he immediately responds to with telling me he can't do a long distance relationship and values our friendship way too much to ever do anything to jeopardize it. So I agreed and never brought it up again. A couple of months have passed since all that and he's completely returned to his regular ways with me and I'm at a loss cause I do like him but feel like he made it clear he didn't want me.

Do I keep my mouth shut or tell him how I feel again?

Archived